Go Kart Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.

gokartmozart

New member
Messages
60
Reaction score
0
Location
Pittsburgh, Pa
Okay, has anyone actually built a walker, I mean a kart that instead of having wheels has legs? Possibly this would not be a kart, but more a robot, but hey it's the 21st century. (You have to admit we are still toying with 60's technology on this forum.)
 

sideways

Unfinished projects king.
Messages
1,501
Reaction score
2
Location
Perth, Western Australia
Okay, has anyone actually built a walker, I mean a kart that instead of having wheels has legs? Possibly this would not be a kart, but more a robot, but hey it's the 21st century. (You have to admit we are still toying with 60's technology on this forum.)

In the early 1900s there were many of these things built but they were very unstable, extremely uncomfortable, slow, heavy and fell over alot. They decided horses do the job much better.

Hayden
 

Blazkowiez

Kart Aficionado
Messages
2,538
Reaction score
48
Location
Houston, Texas
Kieran, I loved watching that video. It was really amazing how it could keep from falling in any instance, it was almost a human instinct when it was on the ice or could side step. Very amazing.
 

KieranM

Doin It!!
Messages
1,409
Reaction score
3
Location
Kilkenny, Ireland
yea its a pretty cool design. I thought building one myself but keeping it stabilised is harder than you would think. They plan to use it in the army to carry ammunition and bags.
 

gokartmozart

New member
Messages
60
Reaction score
0
Location
Pittsburgh, Pa
I dont just think the mechanics of it would be difficult but I imagine there is quite a bit of complex programming involved in keeping that thing stable.

Why cant they make it with a seat, just make it a little bigger?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top