Go kart questions

G.W

Reaction score
Just go to tractor supply and get a thread on Briggs muffler and weld it onto that pipe, or buy a predator engine if you want it to go faster.

JimD

Reaction score
Honda engines are very good and it was the most popular racing engine in Canada until the engine builders price it out of the market. Take the governor complete out of the engine and you will have a good consistent fast engine that will last a lot longer than a predator.

As for the pulley jackshaft design it was nicely though out and it works. Easy to change the small sprocket on the jackshaft for more speed. Go slow in your changes no more than two teeth at a time.

G.W

Reaction score
Honda engines are very good and it was the most popular racing engine in Canada until the engine builders price it out of the market. Take the governor complete out of the engine and you will have a good consistent fast engine that will last a lot longer than a predator.

As for the pulley jackshaft design it was nicely though out and it works. Easy to change the small sprocket on the jackshaft for more speed. Go slow in your changes no more than two teeth at a time.
Two teeth can make alot of a difference. If you are considering tuning it to your liking I'd suggest going with the split sprockets so you don't have to take the axle apart each time you change your gears

JimD

Reaction score
I was not talking about the axle sprocket, I am talking about the sprocket on the jackshaft. Adding teeth to the axle would slow it down not speed it up, but adding teeth to the jackshaft sprocket would increase the speed of the kart. Sorry I wasn't clearer in my explanation, my fault.