Go Kart pull behind trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanHammon

Reaction score
I'm building a flatbed trailer to pull behind my go kart. Just finished welding today and figuring out what to use for the flatbed part, either plywood or some type of metal screen. The frame I used is a old bed frame that I cut up.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 6
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 11

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
To be honest, it looks like you have enough cross bracing, and probably won't be carrying anything extremely heavy anyway, so....I would get a 4×8 sheet of 'Smartside' siding. Put finish side up ....it will last a LONG time as is! It's only about $25 at Home Depot. Now...to make it last for almost ever ....paint the bottom side before you put it on.... (This is some pretty good stuff: 50 year guarantee when used AS siding!)

Now....(time to get silly)... or get some window screen and spray it with $300 worth of FlexSeal.

RyanHammon

Reaction score
To be honest, it looks like you have enough cross bracing, and probably won't be carrying anything extremely heavy anyway, so....I would get a 4×8 sheet of 'Smartside' siding. Put finish side up ....it will last a LONG time as is! It's only about $25 at Home Depot. Now...to make it last for almost ever ....paint the bottom side before you put it on.... (This is some pretty good stuff: 50 year guarantee when used AS siding!)

Now....(time to get silly)... or get some window screen and spray it with $300 worth of FlexSeal.

I wanted to make sure I had plenty of cross bracing. I'm not gonna carry anything heavy. Just building it to carry fishing poles, extra tire's an stuff like that to take on trails or the lake. I'll check that out an see about it. I've tried drilling into the steel but all my metal drill bits kept breaking in half an was thinking of just welding some metal screen mesh but I don't think that would work

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
Ahhhh....crap! Yeah....bedframes!!!!! You can get a drill bit that will go through them like butter....I don't remember, but I'll see if I can find one and tell you....otherwise, it's one of the two most expensive Home Depot sells in a twist drill....

I've had problems with bedframes before....(almost like drilling through welds) but those bits got it done....(one better than the other)...but I just can't remember what they were...blue colbalt???? IDK.....

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
Bed frames are Hardened.
Cheap easy find on steel... It is just a pain to drill.

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
I came across a drill bit that I think was one of the two: a DeWalt titanium pilot point bit..I actually didn't think it would work too well, so I bought two and another that was more expensive....but I drilled quite a few holes.....and this ones still in the package....sooooo....

leesiel

Yardcart 196
Reaction score
I came across a drill bit that I think was one of the two: a DeWalt titanium pilot point bit..I actually didn't think it would work too well, so I bought two and another that was more expensive....but I drilled quite a few holes.....and this ones still in the package....sooooo....

I have the Dewalt titanium bits and have used them several times on 1/8 _3/16 angled steel with great results and drill bit / bits are still in good shape! They sell them in kits or in a greater variety as singles; Dewalt you can't go wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.