Go Kart made from two scooters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bmr4Karts

Reaction score
I saw this video a while back and chuckled at it. I've since built a few electric karts and I now have a new appreciation for his project.

https://youtu.be/sssQMZA6L4M

This is actually going to my next project except I'm taking it a bit further than they did.

I'll be using two Razor e300 scooters which have 10 inch-ish tires and rear drum brakes. Picked up two broken e300s for $40 today so that was awesome. Both run but not with me on them. The wheels, gears, brakes, bearings, frames, etc are all good and that is what matters.

Each scooter will get a 48v 1800w brushless setup. I plan on using the stock 55t wheel sprockets and 12t motor sprockets which should be close to 30mph at 5k rpm but with gobs of torque from those two motors. I can already hit that speed with just one motor in my Razor Dune Buggy.

Will use my trusty pair of 7s 20ah prismatic lithium battery packs that I use in just about everything I run. They are good for 150 continuous amps.

I'll cut and lengthen the scooters to about a 3 foot wheelbase.

My seat bottom will be down in between the scooters versus on top of them.

I'll use a single left hand brake with dual line attachments and a thumb throttle on a butterfly steering wheel.

I still have to figure out how I'll hook up the steering so I can have a closer to standard steering setup. I do want to use as much of the scooter parts as possible so no go kart steering knuckles, kingpins, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.