Go-kart course for my vet buddys...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kainedogg

New member
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
I am a disabled vet and a couple of my friends I turn wrenches with are always in need of a way to blow off steam. Most of us have been diagnosed with PTSD...others are in denial.
While tinkering with my daughters dune-buggy, I had an idea. Why not map out a path on my property where me and a few close friends could run a few laps, drink beer and bring the alert level down.
I am still in the planning stages, but my goal is to grab 2 or 3 low slung go-karts with the slicks for rear wheels, and HF 6hp Predator engines.
Place braking cones and flags as needed until we all get familiar...and not too drunk.
It will be 3 laps to determine the winner. I am sure the Army guys will win, the Airforce guys will gripe and the Marine buddys will be in denial. I have a Navy buddy too, but he's too fat to fit any of the karts...lol.
Rules are as follows:
Making contact with a fence or vehicle will result in immediate expulsion from the property.
Hitting a tree will get you a beer, band-aid and a bill to replace the kart...threats may follow.

Feel free to make suggestions. Wife is deployed and does not know of my madness...shhhhhhh...it's for a good cause...BeerZ & KartZ
 

Attachments

  • 8101 Go-Kart Boo track Course.jpg
    8101 Go-Kart Boo track Course.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 8101 plans.jpg
    8101 plans.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 10

Kainedogg

New member
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
Lol, indeed...but I have a house in Atlanta as well. Well Lithonia to be exact.
 

ezcome-ezgo

G'me sumthin to write on
Messages
5,993
Reaction score
2,996
Location
Atlanta, GA
Sounds like you've got an excellent plan. Your intention with the slick tires is to make this more of a challenge, I presume?
 

Kainedogg

New member
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
The slick tires does two things, it keeps the speed down and it keeps my grass intact. The challenge is not slamming into an oak tree because you overshot your braking mark.
 

ezcome-ezgo

G'me sumthin to write on
Messages
5,993
Reaction score
2,996
Location
Atlanta, GA
I was going to say: you are putting fences and vehicles at risk, and therefore making expulsion more likely if you go with slick tires. Maybe some turf saver type tires would keep your buddies around a little longer.
 

Kainedogg

New member
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
These Karts are slow and these guys are big...but you might be right. Any area that takes damage will be get a tire or two. The vehicles will be in the barn, garage or car shed.
 

jandj

Active member
Messages
1,161
Reaction score
28
Location
Williamsburg, Va
As the son of a Korea era Marine, I appreciate and understand what you're trying to do
My only advice is to keep the alcohol until you're done with the karts.
 

Kainedogg

New member
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
I agree and will follow that bit of advice. In my defense it was going to be cheap Cider...lol.
 

Toycrusher

New member
Messages
168
Reaction score
0
Location
Deep Deep South Texas
My kids have a circle track that expands into nearly a figure 8 with a jump. Needless to say grass doesn't stand a chance. It is a riot to run when it's muddy. Of course, I don't have your real estate, their track is under a 1/4 acre, but still loads of fun!
 

Kainedogg

New member
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
My kids have a circle track that expands into nearly a figure 8 with a jump. Needless to say grass doesn't stand a chance. It is a riot to run when it's muddy. Of course, I don't have your real estate, their track is under a 1/4 acre, but still loads of fun!

Sweet man. I am excited. I am almost certain that some things well get banged up, but it's good fun.

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

I may use bales of hay instead of tires.
 

Denny

Canned Monster
Messages
11,993
Reaction score
8,505
Location
Mayberry, Indiana
I like you're idea very much. However there is one thing I would like to point out to you TREES HURT A LOT no matter how slow you are going. Also your grass will not stand a chance! But there is good news worn in kart tracks look way cool. :thumbsup:
My thanks to you and you're buddies for their service.

Denny
 

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Messages
9,358
Reaction score
94
Location
COMFORT, TEXAS
This is an awsome Idea, for you and your Buddies. **** with worrying about trees. They may be the simplest things you guys have dealt with.
I Thank you and them! Please stay tuned here we can help you get and Keep the Karts running.

BTW: I call it PTS. Thereis NO "disorder" in trying to figure out how to deal with Crap that the human experience should never have to deal with. Its F-ed up but it is "Normal" to have a bad reaction to a crappy experience.
Semper FI! (sorry could not resist.)
 

Kainedogg

New member
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
First Kart

I like you're idea very much. However there is one thing I would like to point out to you TREES HURT A LOT no matter how slow you are going. Also your grass will not stand a chance! But there is good news worn in kart tracks look way cool. :thumbsup:
My thanks to you and you're buddies for their service.

Denny

Thanks Denny. The Denny. As I was reminded of last night most plans fail first contact. The Kart I have is way too low to navigate the terrain. Can I upgrade to slightly bigger rims. I only need like a half inch of clearance. It was fun last night until I hit the thicker grass...lol.

This is an awsome Idea, for you and your Buddies. **** with worrying about trees. They may be the simplest things you guys have dealt with.
I Thank you and them! Please stay tuned here we can help you get and Keep the Karts running.

BTW: I call it PTS. Thereis NO "disorder" in trying to figure out how to deal with Crap that the human experience should never have to deal with. Its F-ed up but it is "Normal" to have a bad reaction to a crappy experience.
Semper FI! (sorry could not resist.)

PTS works for me brother. I appreciate it. I bought a Kart last night. It is a sweet Kart, but way too low for my plans. How can I raise it up? Those Predator engines start right up on the first pull and chug. I like it.
 

Attachments

  • 20160505_204756.jpg
    20160505_204756.jpg
    241 KB · Views: 4
  • 20160505_204047.jpg
    20160505_204047.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 4

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Messages
12,461
Reaction score
70
Location
White Settlement Texas
But honey, some kids snuck in and did all this when I was shopping for something nice for you!

See the nice kart I got you? I'll only borrow it on days that end in Y!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top