Go Kart building

FlyFrog

Reaction score
I want to make a small but fast go cart, I dont have any professional tools, I have a harbor freight welder bolts a little bit of metal engine steering and thats it, I can cut the metal but cant bend it. Any tips for building a cart with limited stuff?

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
I always wanted to do a diesel kart. It’s just not in the budget now. For mudding a diesel may not work too good you need a engine that will rev fast. ATV tires are a plus and light weight frame.

Last edited:

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
Those engines have a 20 mm shaft which means no clutch or cvt will fit it. Only 2600 rpm which also means expensive clutch or cvt custom made. And the kicker only 6 hp you will need at least 10 or better. There are better engines out there, but they start at around $1,000.00

ONE-EYE

Reaction score
Some pieces you'll probably have to buy like your axle sprocket and shocks. I have piles of used parts if you're interested. I don't know where you live tho so I can't give info on shipping cost. If you wanted a 6.5hp Tecumseh, 4-12" shocks, and either a 60T or 54T axle sprocket, I'd probably sell it all for $75 plus shipping cost. Those are heavy parts tho so you may want to search local. Good luck!

FlyFrog

Reaction score
I have a kart with 6.5 and turf saver tires and its a mudding beast, im not to worried about power and all that, if I have a nice set of nobbies and and good ratio i can probably make it work.

FlyFrog

Reaction score
Some pieces you'll probably have to buy like your axle sprocket and shocks. I have piles of used parts if you're interested. I don't know where you live tho so I can't give info on shipping cost. If you wanted a 6.5hp Tecumseh, 4-12" shocks, and either a 60T or 54T axle sprocket, I'd probably sell it all for $75 plus shipping cost. Those are heavy parts tho so you may want to search local. Good luck!
I live kankakee illinois area thats a decent distance from knoxville probably expensive to ship, it might be worth it, has any work been done to the tecumseh and does it run, what all do you have parts wise that will go with it

ONE-EYE

Reaction score
I live kankakee illinois area thats a decent distance from knoxville probably expensive to ship, it might be worth it, has any work been done to the tecumseh and does it run, what all do you have parts wise that will go with it
Yeah it definitely runs. I put a new carb, new spark plug, and new filter on it. It's also had a new oil change but I'd have to drain that out to ship it. I've also got a brand new ignition coil for it just in case you ever need it but the one on it is working fine. I have a new backplate for it too. I might could find a 10T sprocket that'll fit it but that's another $10. I have a brand new #40 chain too but it's only 69 links (connecting link too) for $5. I also have an old brake drum that will need cleaned up and need a new band that you can have for shipping cost. All my stuff is for a 1" axle and 3/4" bore for the motor. You're talking about a very HEAVY package tho with all those parts.

FlyFrog

Reaction score
ok, I will make some money then contact you when i decide what i want and if i want it, I might find a better deal/ closer deal that helps me out
Yeah it definitely runs. I put a new carb, new spark plug, and new filter on it. It's also had a new oil change but I'd have to drain that out to ship it. I've also got a brand new ignition coil for it just in case you ever need it but the one on it is working fine. I have a new backplate for it too. I might could find a 10T sprocket that'll fit it but that's another $10. I have a brand new #40 chain too but it's only 69 links (connecting link too) for $5. I also have an old brake drum that will need cleaned up and need a new band that you can have for shipping cost. All my stuff is for a 1" axle and 3/4" bore for the motor. You're talking about a very HEAVY package tho with all those parts.

ONE-EYE

Reaction score
ok, I will make some money then contact you when i decide what i want and if i want it, I might find a better deal/ closer deal that helps me out
Yes definitely! Just holler at me if I can help. I'd say most of that weight will be engine so if you found that, it'd help quite a bit if you just needed other smaller stuff. Happy hunting!