getting started need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

zip772

New member
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
What kind of motor should I use? My dad and I are going to try to build a go-cart at home and we arent sure what type of motor would be best. Any advice would be appreciated.:huh:

zip772
 

OzFab

Well-known member
Messages
15,615
Reaction score
73
Location
Warwick Qld, Australia
Welcome to the forum, zip.

You have three threads asking different but related questions, but provide no information about what you want or have planned: take it one step at a time.

The first step is to decide what you want: what size, where will it be driven, what style of kart: there are so many variables it just isn't funny!

Have a look at some images on google & here, get your mind set on something then tell us about it.

BTW: if you want to build it from scratch, don't go nuts on a design
 

Orange Krate

Active member
Messages
1,117
Reaction score
14
Location
North Texas
I suggest you find a cheap used one first and then play around with it. See what you like or don't like about it and what you'd change. Once you get some wheels under you, you'll figure it out and really take off.:auto:

I'd say look on craigslist but somethimes the choices can be overwhelming. Swapmeets and flea markets work well for me.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top