Getting creative ! In need of a project idea... Lots of parts at home!

Status
Not open for further replies.

j.concepcion54321

Rebuilding KTM, Need Kart
Reaction score
Ok guys, well im currently in the brainstorming phases of a new project. I wanna do something big and as a result have resorted to the awesome and diverse knowledge base of creativity that is the forum! So as of now at home i have the following items.

-Drift trike

-1989 ktm 125 frame with swingarm, forks, wheels (basically rolling chassis), all suspension in tact and in good shape.

- atv rear end assembly. (swing arm with shock, axle, sprocket, and wheel hubs)

- schwinn electric scooter with full suspension (in pretty good condition physically but batteries are fried. and chain slips off due to sprocket being wrong size on motor)

- mobility scooter front end steering assembly (spindles, and mounts, tie rods, and linkage to connect to steering)

- dino steering wheel off of bayliner boat

- glass with frame from bayliner cuddy boat (good condition could be used for ariel atom style project)

- jesse james chopper bike

- multiple bicycle frames,

- 2ft by 2ft fuel cell. Several small gas tanks aswell

- Frame and burnt up motor from the lx188 john deere tractor that i had. Plus the steering assembly from that tractor and the front wheels.

I think thats about it as far as the random items around my shed and yard goes. I have access to wiring components and scrap metal as well to fabricate with. Potential ideas so far....

Offroad go kart

Motorized chopper

motorized drift trike

bobber style motorcycle out of dirtbike chassis

trike out of dirtbike and atv rear end

ruckus style gas scooter (stretched with fat tire off of minibike) out of the schwinn scooter that i already have.

If anyone has anything that they can come up with that would be cooler than the things that i listed above then please throw your ideas down on here!! For those of you who dont know me im pretty mechanically inclined, i have a welder, cutting tools, a compressor for some air tools, and many other tools on hand that make relatively any job at least feasible! The reason im making this thread is because all the ideas that i listed above seem like sort of safe ideas and i would like to see if anyone can come up with something crazy that i could do with the items listed above!

dengieboy

Reaction score
hmmmmmmm a mouth watering pile of stuff you have there if its going to be your first build i would stick to something simple if your building from scratch. Once you have got simple idea up and running you might want to try something else a bit more complicated. And from what i have found out on my first build is that if you want to do it right building from scratch can be a nightmare!!!!. I thought a drift trike would be a good starting project plus they look a lot of fun but there not so simple to build (even with my engineering back ground of thirty years!!!) i must have mocked up mine now a good fifty times. Only to find the frame flexes or no clearance and have to strip it back down and more welding!!!!!!!.
Have a look at what everyone else is building before making your decision on what your going to build then go back and spend a afternoon among all of your bits you will get that "flash :idea2:" in your mind and it will all go from there. I wish you all the luck of the spanners my friend keep us all updated

" Don't think just weld :iagree:"

http://www.diygokarts.com/vb/showthread.php?t=26678 link to my project if you fancy a look!

Last edited:

j.concepcion54321

Rebuilding KTM, Need Kart
Reaction score
Popemobile?

This isnt out of the picture just yet! :lolgoku:

@dengieboy: This isnt my first rodeo, ive had about 6 different go karts, and a few minibikes. Pretty much restored a car, and am still trying to get my dirtbikes electrical problems sorted out.

Im thinking about using the quad rear end on the dirtbike frame and making it a bobber style trike... Opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.