Get Your Free DIYGK Sticker!

machinist@large

Reaction score
For the record, Robert; if you had posted it BEFORE my bed time last night, my SASE would already be on it's way with a Ten spot in it; I had to stop at the post office on my way home from work today....:mad:

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The stickers are 3 inch wide.

I'm thinking of putting that logo on the back of the shirts. Not sure if we should put the same thing on the front as a small 3" circle on the left chest area (like where the pocket might be).

I was thinking black shirts, but blue might be a good idea too. Obviously white would get dirty too quick.

souperman000

Reaction score
For the shirt I was thinking navy blue with the sticker logo big on the back. On the front we can have www.diygokarts.com either in the upper left or spelled out across the front.

OR

Do the opposite. Big sticker logo on the chest and the URL stretched between the shoulder blades or just below the collar. Or maybe on the bottom of the back near the waist seam thing.

Or don't use the URL since its already on the logo. Throwin out ideas.

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The t-shirts aren't done, so no price yet. A shirt would be cool though

I'm supposed to talk to the print shop that we got the stickers from on Monday. They turned around these stickers in less than 2 days; pretty cool!

The issue at the moment is that they will be digital transfer, or a screened print, so I want to price out both versions.

For screen printing, there are significant set up fees that need to be done to create the screens. For digital, there are none. But, quality... So I need to see some samples.

Anyway, I'll get some more info and figure out which way we're going, and some price points.

machinist@large

Reaction score
T shirts need pockets; at least 1 on the left side.

I'm sure many of you have heard the saying "Handier than a pocket on a T shirt"? Guess what; it's true. I use the pocket on mine all day at work.

Offer me one in dark blue or hunter green, with the logo opposite the pocket, or on the pocket. If it doesn't have a pocket, I don't need to spend money for it.

Pat :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
really Pat?

There's just one thing that a shirt needs less than a pocket: a shoelace! :D

'sid

PS NO pocket for me please, I usually wear pants, enough pockets for the usual stuff to carry around ;)

machinist@large

Reaction score
really Pat?

There's just one thing that a shirt needs less than a pocket: a shoelace! :D

'sid

PS NO pocket for me please, I usually wear pants, enough pockets for the usual stuff to carry around ;)

You don't get into the down & dirty side of what it takes to keep the world running as far as I do.

Work: seven pocket jeans, with specific items in each pocket, T shirt w/ pocket (cheap HF blow off nozzle, Stream light brand LED flashlight, alternate parking spot for the Sharpie marker), and a three pocket shop apron (shop rags, and what ever tools I need ATM).

For the record, 'Sid, T shirts aren't a fashion statement for me; they are part of my tool kit. I specified the dark colors because they won't show molybdenum based tapping fluids and other shop slimes a prominently, let alone the blood stains that I leave behind when I bang up a hand and use my shirt as a band aid en route to the wash basin and the first aid kit.

T shirts need pockets. End Of Story.

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
Woah... GUYS! A week ago, we didn't have stickers! Now, we're getting into whether shirts are green, have pockets, back logo... What's next? Spec'ing a poly/cotton/rayon/spandex blend?

Dang- I dunno about you guys, but if am am indeed fortunate enough to lay hands on a DIYGK T-shirt, I will gladly and proudly wear it no matter WHAT gets chosen! Just... pointing it out.

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry Pat,
never meant to P155 you off :(

just goofin' around [as usual].. my apologies.

'sid

PS Still don't want a pocket on my shirt though :D