Genuine mikuni help!!

WillMatrix

Reaction score
I ordered a mikuni carb from studz racing and it came with different jets that I was instructed to install. I’m having issues with high RPM and my engine won’t stay on with the choke off. Soon as I take off the choke it dies unless I’m continuously rev it. Any ideas or help? Do you think I need to change to bigger jets?

WillMatrix

Reaction score
Ok so I just tried to adjust it again and the O-ring is sitting perfect from what I can see but I’m still feeling so much air escape by it. Should I try a gasket in between the carb and manifold?

WillMatrix

Reaction score
Yup, because it is an adhesive also. Less prone to blow out.
So just update:

I used the gasket paper and it made a world of difference! I have to make another gasket from the predator to the intake because the one it came with doesn’t fully work and allow it to seal. Also, I had to figure out which way was “choke on, choke off”. Once I narrow out the air leak I’ll give another update

Rat

Reaction score
The black adhesive sealer is better.
That's why I prefer the slightly heavier Blue cellulose roll gasket stuff. It it has an adhesive impregnation that bleeds out and glues it to both surfaces with heat and pressure. Never had it blow out on me except the one time I tried to double layer it on a 2t engine

Rat

Reaction score
So just update:

I used the gasket paper and it made a world of difference! I have to make another gasket from the predator to the intake because the one it came with doesn’t fully work and allow it to seal. Also, I had to figure out which way was “choke on, choke off”. Once I narrow out the air leak I’ll give another update
Predator intakes (or any engine) require on every intake part mating surface that doesn't have an o'ring.
Even those that use an oring benefit from gasket paper if a proper replacement ring cannot be gotten for an old tired flattened ring