general engine help

Status
Not open for further replies.

timstar

Reaction score
Useful information and greatly appreciated. The shaft is quite long though and the tapered part is in the middle which I do not believe will line up correctly to use on a single wheel application. I could move the engine plate over or make a live axle set up but I believe it may just be easier to cut the shaft shorter and put a keyway in it like kibble did (waiting for reply from kibble before I make a final decision). Maybe I should try and take some pictures and begin a new thread for my entire project?

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
@ timstar

Hey tim, you were asking about my setup. Here is a link to when I first started my kart. You can see on the last page what I did to the shaft and towards the end you see how I set it up.

I have the pulley on the engine going to a pulley on the jackshaft, which has the clutch on it. Then, the output of the clutch goes to a sprocket which then goes to my differential.

http://www.diygokarts.com/vb/showthread.php?t=272

ed1380

Banned
Reaction score
@ russ- nope. no tags or anything. i havent taken all of the sheetmetal off. teachers are being anoyying PITA.

@kibble- o wow i remember that thread. holy carp that was a long time ago

2or3wheels

Reaction score
wow, electronics and i dont get along but, i have a bunch of those chapy remote control cars, could i use the servo for the steering for a throttle control? Im just going to try it on a motor on a bench to see if and how long it works but is it possibe?

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
Well, that's what I did. I have a servo on that engine. It's an R/C servo but it's not gonna be an R/C system. I made a circuit board that controls the servo depending on where the potentiometer is. The potentiometer will be connected to the gas pedal.

Status
Not open for further replies.