• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

GEET fuel system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.M.800

TheBeal.
Reaction score
So... anybody wanting to know how to cut cost on fuel? Want to run your engine off of Beer? Coffee? Soda? Water? Plus only a cup full of petroleum based fuel.

Check this out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXTRCswC8lI

Now, some may think its fake. Its not.
My brothers friend actually built one.

What do you think?
Beal.

J_Walker

Reaction score
This GEET thing is neat, but I want something that doesn't used "gasoline" so I choose to look for steam alternatives.

STEAM IS THE FUTURE!

The US navy doesn't power their most advanced aircraft carriers in the world off steam just because its "Cheap" and at the possibility to travel 40 sum knots.. Yeah, I want some production steam cars..

devino246

Official DIYGK Chem Nerd
Reaction score
This GEET thing is neat, but I want something that doesn't used "gasoline" so I choose to look for steam alternatives.

STEAM IS THE FUTURE!

The US navy doesn't power their most advanced aircraft carriers in the world off steam just because its "Cheap" and at the possibility to travel 40 sum knots.. Yeah, I want some production steam cars..

No, the US Navy powers their ships with nuclear fission. Saying that the ships are powered by steam is like saying that your kart engine is powered by connecting rod. Steam is a power transmitter.

B.M.800

TheBeal.
Reaction score
Dont leave me hanging there Devino, tell me what you think about the GEET setup. :D

I think my brother and I will be experimenting with a cub cadet lawn tractor engine.(tractor was trashed as a tree fell on it).
Not sure how well it would work for an offroad gokart purposes though... all the bumps and whatnot.

J_Walker

Reaction score
No, the US Navy powers their ships with nuclear fission. Saying that the ships are powered by steam is like saying that your kart engine is powered by connecting rod. Steam is a power transmitter.

Wut. The nuclear fission you talk about, is for electricity. the heat by-product from it, is compressed and that turns it into steam, that travels through pipes, into the STEAM ENGINE. and then re-condenses to water, to recycle it all over again. While I see where your understanding of steam is a power transmitter, it doesn't really make sense how you compare. a connecting rod to a "power transmitter." :surrender::stir:

in fact, when I say "powered" I'm referring to the propulsion of the ships.

Edit: then again, I didn't know I was writing a college level essay on the inner workings of on-board reactors and steam propulsion... so sorry if my wording isn't politically correct. :2guns:

devino246

Official DIYGK Chem Nerd
Reaction score
Wut. The nuclear fission you talk about, is for electricity. the heat by-product from it, is compressed and that turns it into steam, that travels through pipes, into the STEAM ENGINE. and then re-condenses to water, to recycle it all over again. While I see where your understanding of steam is a power transmitter, it doesn't really make sense how you compare. a connecting rod to a "power transmitter." :surrender::stir:

in fact, when I say "powered" I'm referring to the propulsion of the ships.

Edit: then again, I didn't know I was writing a college level essay on the inner workings of on-board reactors and steam propulsion... so sorry if my wording isn't politically correct. :2guns:

Electricity is generated via a steam-driven turbine, as well. Have a look.

Attachments

• stmplt1.jpg
    stmplt1.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 10

devino246

Official DIYGK Chem Nerd
Reaction score
Dont leave me hanging there Devino, tell me what you think about the GEET setup. :D

I think my brother and I will be experimenting with a cub cadet lawn tractor engine.(tractor was trashed as a tree fell on it).
Not sure how well it would work for an offroad gokart purposes though... all the bumps and whatnot.

Pick your adjective. Hogwash, bull pucky, BS, load of crap. You can't pull energy out of thin air (or diet coke, or water, or sugar packets). The Law of Conservation of Energy is all that's needed to disprove this GEET. :rolleyes:

J_Walker

Reaction score
Electricity is generated via a steam-driven turbine, as well. Have a look.

that makes it a lot more simple then it really is. haha guess a picture is worth a four thousand words.

FYI: what I know based off these things is from what my father knew working around them back when. He basically was a naval fire-fighter. So he got to access EVERYTHING. That was many moons ago though! So his mind/info might be a little dated. Never the less, steam powered gokart - one day I will build one! [30 years later! :censored:]

carter

Reaction score
I want to build a stirling powered Go cart. but I'm not a machinist so I don't know how I'd get my hands on a stirling engine big enough for a go kart.

zbuck

Reaction score
:wai:The Geet system has been around for years. After a little research I found this. "Geet fuel processor, it is a simplefied Plasma Reformer that takes any hydrocarbon fuel or waste product and transforms it into rich synethetic natural gas".

B.M.800

TheBeal.
Reaction score
Pick your adjective. Hogwash, bull pucky, BS, load of crap. You can't pull energy out of thin air (or diet coke, or water, or sugar packets). The Law of Conservation of Energy is all that's needed to disprove this GEET. :rolleyes:

So what exactly are you saying here? (Not to be rude mind you)
Do you disagree that it works? Or how it works?

Clearly it works to some degree maybe not for every application of a combustion engine. I would think something like this certainly has its place for something.

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
No it doesn't work,
"the bubbler aka "fuel tank" " is the vapor carb you put gasoline in, and it will vaporise, you add water and the gasoline will vaporise, you add water and coke and the gasoline will vaporise ...

Those gasoline vapors are whats running the engine.
The exhaust fumes then will be splittet, some of it will return to the combustion chamber (exhaust reflow was used in the 70s by porsche to meet california requirements p.e. in the 914 1.8l)
Some of it adds more pressure to the bubbler causing the gasoline to vaporise a little faster,
The rest will be exhaled in the obfuscated outlet (upright black'ish pipe)

'sid

devino246

Official DIYGK Chem Nerd
Reaction score
So what exactly are you saying here? (Not to be rude mind you)
Do you disagree that it works? Or how it works?

Clearly it works to some degree maybe not for every application of a combustion engine. I would think something like this certainly has its place for something.

'sid summed it up pretty well. My original point being, a 12oz can of Diet Coke has what, like 10 calories? 10 kilocalories equals 41.84 kilojoules. 12oz of gasoline contains 12,352 kJ. We burn carbon-based fossil fuels because they're extremely energy rich. Good luck trying to burn water or Diet Coke :rolleyes:

newrider3

Reaction score
While you may be able to run an engine off this contraption (when it's filled with gasoline or oil in water), the claims that it is some kind of plasma reactor that must be aligned to magnetic north so it can create some kind of vortex to pull energy out of the air, or whatever other pseudo-scientific BS people spew about it, are untrue. There's no free lunch. Everything has to follow the basic laws of physic and thermodynamics.

B.M.800

TheBeal.
Reaction score
While you may be able to run an engine off this contraption (when it's filled with gasoline or oil in water), the claims that it is some kind of plasma reactor that must be aligned to magnetic north so it can create some kind of vortex to pull energy out of the air, or whatever other pseudo-scientific BS people spew about it, are untrue. There's no free lunch. Everything has to follow the basic laws of physic and thermodynamics.

Thats something I did not know about it...
I wouldnt believe it for a minute. :thumbsup:

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
No it doesn't work,
"the bubbler aka "fuel tank" " is the vapor carb you put gasoline in, and it will vaporise, you add water and the gasoline will vaporise, you add water and coke and the gasoline will vaporise ...

Those gasoline vapors are whats running the engine.
The exhaust fumes then will be splittet, some of it will return to the combustion chamber (exhaust reflow was used in the 70s by porsche to meet california requirements p.e. in the 914 1.8l)
Some of it adds more pressure to the bubbler causing the gasoline to vaporise a little faster,
The rest will be exhaled in the obfuscated outlet (upright black'ish pipe)

'sid

Thanks for the explanation, that certainly helps clarify things for us dummies.

The "reactor rod" thing that has to be "tuned" to the specific fuels put some serious doubt in my mind, BUT-

What really made me choke was this- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW0moXn9y9U

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
What really made me choke was this

Hint: "bubbler size" you can see that all of the exhaust fumes will end up in the "bubbler" - compare the bubbles with open exhaust valve and closed valve;
So the bubbler has to be much bigger than in the first video
to prevent the exhaust causing too much pressure.
Also it helps causing the expanded fumes to cool and collapse faster;
it's just a closed system, the only thing you should have is a oxygen source to allow combustion.
some hydrogen peroxide in the bubbler along the gasoline will do for a while long enough to make a few of those short dry runs.

'sid

souperman000

Reaction score
some hydrogen peroxide in the bubbler along the gasoline will do for a while long enough to make a few of those short dry runs.

'sid

That's what gets me in the videos. If they think it can replace the propulsion of today, then they should show in can be a reliable fuel source for hours of operation at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.