Gearing issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

izzymad83

New member
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
So I just finished putting an 6hp motor on an old Chinese atv frame and I cant seem to get the thing moving. For my drive setup I'm using a 30 series torque converter with a 10t sprocket then to a 17t input/13t out jackshaft and a 40t axle gear. I have 18in rear tires and my finial drive ratio is 5.231. Now when I have the rear propped up everything seem to work fine but when I ride its really slow and the tc wont even shift. Is my gearing too low? Please help...
 

itsid

Moderator
Staff member
Messages
11,563
Reaction score
252
Location
Ruhrpott [Germany]
it is.. with wheels that size and a kart that heavy...

the jackshaft input sprocket (now 17T) should be more like 24 teeth

'sid
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top