Gear ratios...

Status
Not open for further replies.

freakboy

the names 'mater
Reaction score
well i got stuff for my mower but havent got pullys or sprockets yet... well anyway im gona run a 4 or 5 inch pully to a 4 inch pully on the jack shaft and then from the jackshaft to the transaxle will be chain and sprocket(so it dont slip)The clutch is gona be a double pully type set up with a stiff spring..
well anyway my question is what size sprockets should i run to the rear? the one on the transaxle needs to be smaller because you gotta take in consideration of the gearing in the rear end...
I cant remember what the gear ratio for the final gear is.

Anyway i wana be able to hit 50 tops.
have alright excelleration.
I got a 20hp+ twin engine for it i say 20 plus cause its factory rated at 20 but with a port polish few carb mods, polished heads and strait pipes i dont exactly know what its pushing.

Well tomorrow im gona get the rear end ratio and post that hear but start postin sprocket sizes lol or ideas im just kinda rambling right now cause how tired i am...

1992suburban

I wanna go FAST!!
Reaction score
50mph on a lawnmower

not tryin to sound like an OLD MAN but..

I hope you upgraded the steering and brakes.. and dont forget about that HIGH center of gravity.....

back on topic.. post your final drive ratio what ever gear your gonna run OR if your runnin a RAGB

modelengineer

Lord of the noise
Reaction score
Normally a mower transaxle won't go to 50 kph without extensive modifications (like rebuilding the whole thing and welding on reinforcements to the case, new larger hardened gears, bearings, etc.)

freakboy

the names 'mater
Reaction score
Its got 1 inch out puts its got a 3/4'' input im getting some hydrolic disk brakes the frame is reinforced out the wazoo. I removed all grease and im using gear oil. the 820 has bearings all around no busshings what so ever. The stearing im using quality tie rod ends and choromoly rods. so there is 0 slop in the steering and crap. And the mower is lowered. i have this thing fully race preped to go fast! So far the mower is USLMRA legal.

Status
Not open for further replies.