wheel_go_round
New member
- Messages
- 3
- Reaction score
- 5
I've always wanted to make an offroad go kart. Now that I have the equipment to do it, I figured why not. I got this guy for $600 on Marketplace, couldn't pass it up. It has full suspension on the front and back, rack and pinion steering and the tires. Many welds need to be completed/redone, but it's workable. Just needs some tlc.
The 450cc motor didn't have any electrical and had a sketchy shifting setup. I didn't feel comfortable with knowing my kids would be driving this having probably ~50hp and having to shift it. Recipe for disaster. I put the kid to work pulling the motor and all the junk we didn't want off. I sold the motor for $400. Not bad
I got a Honda GX390 w/electric start for near cost, plus a 40 series torque converter and a gearbox for forward and reverse. Currently waiting on parts and the laser cut plates to mount the engine and gearbox. Below are photos of before we started to the current state.


The 450cc motor didn't have any electrical and had a sketchy shifting setup. I didn't feel comfortable with knowing my kids would be driving this having probably ~50hp and having to shift it. Recipe for disaster. I put the kid to work pulling the motor and all the junk we didn't want off. I sold the motor for $400. Not bad
I got a Honda GX390 w/electric start for near cost, plus a 40 series torque converter and a gearbox for forward and reverse. Currently waiting on parts and the laser cut plates to mount the engine and gearbox. Below are photos of before we started to the current state.

