• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Fukushima

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitetrashrocker

Inmate #952016
Reaction score
I've been keeping tabs on there.
Sad it's swept under the rug.
I've mentioned it to people and they have no idea what it is or what happened.
Real sad. It's a global destruction event, and no one knows.....

TeamCheap

Reaction score
Yeah only a few people know enough about it to care, not much we can do about it as far as cleaning it up.

I still say as far as the human race goes we are a collective failure, we pollute most every place we go, we kill everything including each other, we waste the resources on fighting for resources instead of finding ways to expand out off the planet.We are just like a stupid virus that kills it's host and in turn kills itself.

Ok....well....I'm off to work in the garage.

Whitetrashrocker

Inmate #952016
Reaction score
Exactly!

If there were other life forms to reach us...
We as a species are not ready to leave, we can't exist here properly.

I like to explore and hike and I do some land surveying, I'll be out where I think no one's been and I'll find beer bottles.

Makes me nuts. That empty bottle weighs less now, pack it back out. Don't get me started.

I think I'll go to the garage too.

Rail rider

Inmate # 3192016
Reaction score
Guess what?
If someone gave me a case of #3 king crab, and a few pounds of drawn butter...

Well, just remember to play Green grass and High tides for me.

I'm not a fan of fish to begin with... Add some plutonium to it (for color)...dredge it in some bovine growth hormone laced batter and Bread it with some GMO crumbs and voila... Dinner is done.

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
I've been keeping tabs on there.
Sad it's swept under the rug.
I've mentioned it to people and they have no idea what it is or what happened.
Real sad. It's a global destruction event, and no one knows.....

The Japanese are as bad as the Soviets were in their attempt to cover up the disaster at Chernobyl, only the entire world was tracking the earthquake, the tsunami and the resultant slow motion destruction of coastal Japan. Quite unlike the secrecy shrouding the prior event deep behind the Iron Curtain.

The old Japanese Bushido honor system is still in force; Cover it up, mitigate shame and save face.

It'll be fine.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
History really repeated itself. Chernobyl robots were failing do to radiation. You'd think that some egghead would have made these things more robust with lead lining or something. This disaster though was a major blow to any future nuclear power plants. Next time build it away from a fault line.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
You'd think after 50 years of using nuclear reactors, that they would come up with a better solution for cooling them without the possibility of contaminating water. I don't know something like engine coolant closed system.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
I live in America. Our news is highly biased.
Understatement of the century for sure. They covered it for the first week or so then went on to more "pressing matters". Until recently, not much made it to the news. Only reason I found out was my email is tied into Yahoo and it was a stupid headline.

Status
Not open for further replies.