front steering spindles

Status
Not open for further replies.

slicksonly

Mechanical Member
Reaction score
Want a yard kart spindle set?? been looking and shopping a lot just about every one I found has about the same?? I don't want racing, I don't want u-weld kits, I don't want to fab my own, I don't want metric?? Most of the net stores selling parts don't give you size or dimensions that the barrel length reference to the bracket it fits in?? I have a spindle set from BMI and its the same as everyone carries 4 1/2 by 5/8 inches, nice strong well built set has the plastic nylon bushings, which I don't think will last very long for me, BMI also have a right and left hand straight spindle that I want, but it looks like their selling leftover parts from other karts. I would like to buy a current production spindle with a 3 in. steering bracket, 5/8 king pin, 5/8 spindle. The spindles are holding me up from a rolling kart chassis any info or references would be appreciated.

http://www.bmikarts.com/Complete-Spindle-Set--4-12-x-58-_p_1319.html

Joe-405

Enjoying New Projects
Reaction score
Why don’t you just use those and space it to your 3” ? Those are close at 2 7/16. 2 thick standard washers would probably be about perfect.

slicksonly

Mechanical Member
Reaction score
I don't have 3" brackets or any brackets mounted yet, that was just a reff. to what I wanted. I'm at the point too where I need spindles to set the front ties to space of the back tires and then I can set the 1 1/4" tube frame space so the front tires don't rub. I was shooting for a rolling chassis this winter.
thanks Armand

Attachments

• GBadUgly_-_Blondie_Clint_shoots_Tuco_s_rope_at_an_impressive_distance_with_a_Sharps_1874_rifle.jpg
    GBadUgly_-_Blondie_Clint_shoots_Tuco_s_rope_at_an_impressive_distance_with_a_Sharps_1874_rifle.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 4
  • tiki,tires, kart 025.jpg
    tiki,tires, kart 025.jpg
    326.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 2018-Chevrolet-Silverado-1500-review.jpg
    2018-Chevrolet-Silverado-1500-review.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 4

slicksonly

Mechanical Member
Reaction score
The Timkens will hold the twin drive motors and my heavy - A - bottom 3 1/2" inch off the gravel road. Now lets get back to the target I'm shoot'in for.
Thanks people

Joe-405

Enjoying New Projects
Reaction score
I think we’re missimg the question then. If you don’t want to weld and also don’t have any spindle mounts how do you plan on installing them then ?

mrbeggs432

Reaction score
Spindle sets

You can get some stronger set ups from eBay or go powersports.com....if you don't have a welder or welder buddy...go to a mufflershop.I'm sure they will weld up for you

slicksonly

Mechanical Member
Reaction score
ok guys;
I have one spindle set and brackets from BMI karts & parts. I just decided not to use them because of the plastic nylon spacers and the control pivot arm is a little short, I don't want quick steering. I'm good for welders stick or wire, I just did not want to get into the jig & fab at my age of 62. I checked gopowersports nice store, they have the same I have and most other stores.
thanks people, keep it coming
http://www.gopowersports.com/spindle-and-bracket-set/

tested and welded on the Alaska pipeline project, Valdez, Alaska tank storage 1975, certified welder for 40 plus years.

mckutzy

Reaction score
Ok... If that be the case...
Weld on a tab for whatever length you'll need... No jigs needed... With your experance should be a cakewalk...

Joe-405

Enjoying New Projects
Reaction score
And you can use bronze spacers instead of the plastic ones. FYI. Or any material actually. Just make sure the id size is correct.

Functional Artist

Reaction score
Don't let them nylon "bushings" scare you. :thumbsup:

They are an upgrade from just a metal to metal pivot :2guns:

& with a little lube, now & again, they will hold up for a few years :cheers2:

slicksonly

Mechanical Member
Reaction score
good Idea's good advice here, I just bought on e-bay two only spindles I'll see if I will use them??

thanks people

you know I just typed out a post reply went to submit and a log in page come up!!?? So when I re- loged in I lost all my post that why this one is short. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.