Front brakes for a 4 bolt 4 inch hub???

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcook3333

Dean
Reaction score
Hello all. I had aclose call with just rear brakes on the kart this past weekend. Started me thinking about starting to build out a front brake system. Yeah, I know - take them from an atv. Problem is - i just sunk the time and money into new wheels and tires for those 4-4 hubs. I hate just to toss them aside. there's so much out there for those hubs, I have a hard time believing that no one has ever made a rotor to fit. There's 8 inch wheels on it, so there's a little room for clearance for a rotor mount or.... something. Any ideas? :huh:

Kenny_McCormic

Kartless....
Reaction score
You need to either get bigger wheels or some real big wheel spacers so the caliper fits. Are they really 4 on 4 or actually 4x100mm? If 4x100mm you can just use civic brakes(or whatever 4x100 econobox rotors, calipers, and brackets are cheapest) and modify your spindles so the bracket fits. The chevy vega used 4 on 4 but the rotor is the hub in that case, so you would have to adapt the spindle which was on a double wishbone setup.

dcook3333

Dean
Reaction score
Vega. Interesting. I believe that it's a true 4 inch, though. her is what it listed as on bmikarts:
Heavy Duty 4 on 4 Wheel Hub

This is a heavy duty steel wheel hub
Has (4) 1/2" bolts on a 4" bolt circle
Length of shaft is 3"
Accepts a 1 3/8" OD bearing

freakboy

the names 'mater
Reaction score
Try making a brake hat type deal... dont know how to explain it but it looks like a top hat...

Status
Not open for further replies.