Frequent carb cleaning

rdhdfmn

Reaction score
Hey guys. I have one of the Chinese 110cc go kart motors. I’m having to clean the carburetor frequently on this thing. Sometimes it will run 3 hours, other times it will run 30 minutes and I wi have to clean it again. It has one of the cheap carbs from Amazon on it. It has an inline fuel filter, and the tank is clean. Is there something I can do to not have to clean the carburetor so often? Would a better quality carb do the trick? Thanks

FlyFrog

Reaction score
ah yes happened to me on my china bike... There is a vent tube that needs a hose put on it and ran to a area with little dust, the hole should be on the top of the carb, it looks like maybe a screw should go in but just put small breather hose on it. send pictures if you can, it would help

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
What do you see when the carb comes apart for cleaning? Wondering if cleaning actually fixes it, or the act of removing, dis and re assembling, and reinstalling gets the thing "fixed".

rdhdfmn

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. On the gas type, I use supreme in them. I haven’t replaced the fuel lines, they are probably the ones that came on it. I’ll replace them.
When I take the carb apart, I don’t see anything in the bowl. I blow out the jets, put it back together and it runs fine. The gas can looks to be clean, and I use it also for my mower so it hasn’t been in there long.

I also have a gy6 motor that did the same thing. I bored the jet size out per the recommendations I had read online and it has taken care of that problem. It can sit now for 3 months and crank right up, whereas before I would have to take the carb apart and clean it. Would that help in this situation?
Thanks for the replies

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
It could not hurt to run a small piece of wire through the orfices the next time it plugs up to see what it is you push out of there.

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
run a small piece of wire through the orfices
Absolutely correct, just do it with the jet laying on a clean piece of white paper, so the tiny thing that can cause such a huge problem can be seen and doesn't get lost before you examine it. If you get something, feel if it's hard like a grain of sand or similar.