flywheel key

Alex.bikes

Reaction score
alr so i gotta predator 212 non hemi with 1.3 rockers, stock cam, pwk28, and billet parts. I have a stock flywheel key or I don't even know if I have the key in right now. it runs good but I'm wondering if a different timing key would benefit me if so which one.

BrownStainRacing

Reaction score
alr so i gotta predator 212 non hemi with 1.3 rockers, stock cam, pwk28, and billet parts. I have a stock flywheel key or I don't even know if I have the key in right now. it runs good but I'm wondering if a different timing key would benefit me if so which one.

LOST???

You have to find out where you are at, so you will know....which way to go.

Learn how to check ignition timing on these engines.

Jus because a flywheel says 32* btdc, does not mean YOUR engine is firing at 32* btdc.

It maybe 32*, it maybe 26, it maybe 24*........ who knows?????

Where's it at now?????

LOST?????

BrownStainRacing

Reaction score
How do.... you... check ignition timing?

Could you please explain in the easiest layman's terms how to do this,.... I would appreciate it much thanks
You need a degree wheel and piston stop.

With piston stop installed, roll flywheel 1 way til it stops, mark flywheel from the top leg of the coil.

Roll flywheel the opposite way, mark flywheel again from top leg of coil.

Dead center between those 2 marks on flywheel is TRUE TDC.

Set piston at TDC, with degree wheel set at 0*, roll flywheel counter close wise to 28* on degree wheel.

Remove flywheel and set the TRUE TDC mark at the top leg of the coil.

This will be 28* ignition timing BTDC.

If you want 30* or what your favorite flavor is, same principle, jus roll flywheel back to whatever.

Last edited: