My buddy managed to find me a tecumseh transaxle either an 8xx or 9xx series.
I'm gonna clean it out tomorrow to figure out exactly what it is. But it has at least a 1" axle, and 3/4"+ input shaft. 4 bolt hubs attached
Where exactly are the shifters on these things? I found a small threaded extension sticking out which might be it. I also found a thing that was U-shaped with 2 side bolt holse that was bolted on top...so idk
He said he thinks its a 4 speed w/reverse and a sequential shifter.
It does have some problems with it though,
the goods: gears seem to spin good and axle moves. very beefy. attached hubs.
the bad: there is a quarter-sized hole in the case and the case arms that hold the axle in are snapped a bit (looks like they could be welded or replaced with a different axle. Pulley is bent up but not a big deal.
looks like the case is made out of aluminum (kinda dumb) which sux because he doesnt have an aluminum welding setup.
I'll try and get a pic up tomorrow. it definately needs some work tho lol
I'm gonna clean it out tomorrow to figure out exactly what it is. But it has at least a 1" axle, and 3/4"+ input shaft. 4 bolt hubs attached
Where exactly are the shifters on these things? I found a small threaded extension sticking out which might be it. I also found a thing that was U-shaped with 2 side bolt holse that was bolted on top...so idk
He said he thinks its a 4 speed w/reverse and a sequential shifter.
It does have some problems with it though,
the goods: gears seem to spin good and axle moves. very beefy. attached hubs.
the bad: there is a quarter-sized hole in the case and the case arms that hold the axle in are snapped a bit (looks like they could be welded or replaced with a different axle. Pulley is bent up but not a big deal.
looks like the case is made out of aluminum (kinda dumb) which sux because he doesnt have an aluminum welding setup.
I'll try and get a pic up tomorrow. it definately needs some work tho lol
