First timer attempting wheel repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

scobod22

New member
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Found a mostly complete go kart in a junk pile. Its a one wheel drive with a sprocket/clutch from the side shaft of the engine down to the sprocket attached to the wheel. I noticed the drive wheel is very loose and seems to go too far back on the axle where it no longer lines up with the sprocket on the engine shaft. I can line it up correctly, but then the wheel nut is not as tight as I think it needs to be. Upon tightening, it just pushes the wheel back. Stupid question, I am sure, but what do I need to do to keep the wheel stationary and in line with the shaft sprocket? I have little to no experience mechanically, but thought this would be a fun learning experience.
 

scobod22

New member
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
First off, have you checked the bearings?

Pics will help.

Welcome to the forum

I planned on replacing the bearings which would fix the loose fit I am sure, but as far as holding its placement on the axle is my concern. I don't want the wheel slipping during a turn and the chain come off track.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top