first build

Status
Not open for further replies.

twiztedmind864

New member
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I want to build a fast go kart but have no idea where to start. Any help would be appreciated. At first I was thinking about trying to build a gixxer cart like on youtube but realized that would be to expensive and a waste of money. I was thinking something using a way smaller motorcycle engine like a 250 cc. But then again I don't know even where to start.
 

Doc Sprocket

*********
Messages
15,677
Reaction score
151
Location
Ontario, Canada
First, you really need to come to terms with what you want. Onroad or off? Race? Hobby? Suspension or rigid? Much of this will depend on the terrain you intend to drive on, your budget, tools, fabrication skills and ingenuity. For your first attempt, you're probably best to keep it simple. Basic ladder frame, no suspension, industrial engine. Trying to bite off too much on your first attempt will probably leave you frustrated.

An option may be to find a used kart that meets your needs, and fix/modify it until you're happy.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top