Extra kill switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDuke6

Reaction score
A rule our club is looking into, but is good for all. A second kill switch, plunger style, mounted to the top of roll cage. It will kill the motor on rollover, and allows another person to kill motor from outside cart.

Bbqjoe

Banned
Reaction score
That's make a lot of sense!

I don't know if they're designed to work this way, but I once laid a motorcycle down doing about 30. (Hit sand turning onto an on ramp)
When I went down, my thumb flipped the kill switch.

ML-TOYS

Reaction score
It will only be useful if it actually lands on the plunger. Multiple rolls no shut down, left or right side landing no shut down.
Good for walking up and killin the engine

mckutzy

Reaction score
Why not a master arm switch like on any major car racing. Typically located at the rear of the vehicle...

ML-TOYS

Reaction score
They do make rollover kill switches for cars. Basically 4 wires, power in and 2 that would shut down fuel pump but can be hooked up just like kill wiring. I believe they are made for laying on side too.
Look up rollover safety switch

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
When we did stock car racing there was a REQUIRED second kill switch. All cars ran the identical kill switch mounted in the same (or similar) Spot on all cars. So the safety crew could easily kill any engine in the event of a wreck.

This is a good idea.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
What about adding a fuel cutoff switch? Probably would work best with a remote gas tank and pulse pump, but its an idea. Too bad one couldn't add something like an inertia switch, in case of an accident.

Sent from Tapatalk while on the porcelain throne!

Status
Not open for further replies.