Explain Your DIYGK Screen Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
Well just for fun. Why do you have and use the screen name you use.

Someone else go first!

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
Mine was a moniker that I and a few friends used in HS to describe our little clique; "Hellions". I did not come up with the term but it was an apt description of the style of activities we indulged in.

A lot of troublemaking and practical jokes.

And here I am, a singular hellion.

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
I think I told elsewhere..

Anywhoo..
once upon a time I had a client who permanently contacted me via icq moaning about errors in his script that he couldn't access blablabla on his blablabla database...

And he always capitalized the fieldname ID (since that's what you'll find in most db manuals indeed) in his queries... and asked every other day basically why it wouldn't work.
So I constantly replied..
" yeah but it's lowercase id not uppercase ID"...
"... remember it's id not ID"
"oh come on.. really? how often it's id!"
"it's id dang it.."
"it's id"
"it'sid"...
until I got sick of it and even changed my icq screen name to itsid..
and that's when IT-sid was born..

'sid <-- sometimes the apostrophe has a comeback ;)

2SlickNick

American Minibikes @ FB
Reaction score
Growing up friends and family called me Slick Nick. I grew up with greasy hair that was slicked back - also probably because it rhymed too.
Also two is my lucky number.

ML-TOYS

Reaction score
Having a bad day but this somehow made it better

I think I told elsewhere..

Anywhoo..
once upon a time I had a client who permanently contacted me via icq moaning about errors in his script that he couldn't access blablabla on his blablabla database...

And he always capitalized the fieldname ID (since that's what you'll find in most db manuals indeed) in his queries... and asked every other day basically why it wouldn't work.
So I constantly replied..
" yeah but it's lowercase id not uppercase ID"...
"... remember it's id not ID"
"oh come on.. really? how often it's id!"
"it's id dang it.."
"it's id"
"it'sid"...
until I got sick of it and even changed my icq screen name to itsid..
and that's when IT-sid was born..

'sid <-- sometimes the apostrophe has a comeback ;)

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

Since its the same on just about every forum heres why.
My business was Mltoyz later switched to an s at the end.
M L are my initils ant toys is in reference to the power wheels, peg perego, scooter parts online store that i had.
So there ya go MLtoys or ML-toys

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
Having a bad day but this somehow made it better

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

Since its the same on just about every forum heres why.
My business was Mltoyz later switched to an s at the end.
M L are my initils ant toys is in reference to the power wheels, peg perego, scooter parts online store that i had.
So there ya go MLtoys or ML-toys

And I always thought it was Me Like Toys....( guess the Cookie Monster threw me .)

Functional Artist

Reaction score
Mine is pretty straight forward.

I consider myself an artist that makes art that's functional. :thumbsup:

I like to make stuff that does something & looks kool too.

I had thought about "Fun-kart-ist" but, that would of been too limiting.

I make & work with many kinds of things & materials.

Go Kart's are one of my oldest passions. :2guns:

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
I've been a DIY guy my whole life...usually by necessity. My dad getting killed when I was 6 kinda forced me to figure out and make things on my own.

It also limited my resources finacially. I grew up in an era that took effort or money to get information. So...basically..I never had the resources and money the normal kids did ...much less the rich ones. So...I was a poor boy.

I like things that aren't exactly clear and simple...so I used "Poboy"...which could be interpreted as poor boy or a N'orleans sammich. And to offset boy...I used Kart "man".

It's kept a lot of people guessing...some thought I liked sandwiches...some thought I was a kid.:lolgoku: One even thought it was because I was a big South Park fan...because it dawned on me that "Kartman" was a character on that show....so my sig was : "OMG...They killed Kenny!!!"...because I didn't think I could use " Those bstards...They killed Kenny!"

So...mainly a happy accident...but I like it...

"....and now...you know the rest of the story..."

Flyinhillbilly

The great cornholio
Reaction score
I first started building turbo cars in '05. When I showed up at the track everyone was laughing at me (almost no DIY turbo systems out there at that time) and saying "that stupid hillbilly will never get that working". I got it working, and started dominating my class. Someone made the observation " you know, that stupid hillbilly is flying" which is pronounced flyin here. I've been the flyinhillbilly since. They even call me that over the PA at the track to this day.

Jfive

Reaction score
Use to go to parties as a Young adult, and having the name John, sometimes I would be 1of 6 John's at the party. Usually they just called us by our full names or just our last names. Onetime I was changed to JOHNNY5 as I had passed out and woke up just before people started messing with me. Well Johnny5 stuck with me ever since but I have shortened it and used it as all my screen names since. It's simple and short and most people have seen short circuit and know the reference. Occasionally some think it's a reference to jurassic 5. When I started playing Texas hold em before it was so popular I had two hands I would play. Ace five and Jack 5. So there it is. One night of drinking and a domino effect of things for years to come.

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
Use to go to parties as a Young adult, and having the name John, sometimes I would be 1of 6 John's at the party. Usually they just called us by our full names or just our last names. Onetime I was changed to JOHNNY5 as I had passed out and woke up just before people started messing with me. Well Johnny5 stuck with me ever since but I have shortened it and used it as all my screen names since. It's simple and short and most people have seen short circuit and know the reference. Occasionally some think it's a reference to jurassic 5. When I started playing Texas hold em before it was so popular I had two hands I would play. Ace five and Jack 5. So there it is. One night of drinking and a domino effect of things for years to come.

Ace 5 and Jack 5???? I don't understand???? I HAVE seen a few Jack Aces though. Especially here.

ultralight01

Senior Yet Young Member
Reaction score
No real stories behind mine...
I used to machine Ultralight Backpacking stoves and made equipment for the sport.
I had a youtube channel for this, My name was Ultralight.
Kinda stuck. It also sounds like a superhero some people say, so I guess that's kinda cool.
And I was born in 01. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I feel young

Jfive

Reaction score
I hit a royal flush with ace 5. Most people's favorite hands aren't the obvious high ones. Any two cards can win. Heck I've one many times with a 2 3 off suit.

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
I hit a royal flush with ace 5. Most people's favorite hands aren't the obvious high ones. Any two cards can win. Heck I've one many times with a 2 3 off suit.

OHHHH! Ace + 5! Jack +5!!! Now it makes sense...( not a lot...because that's no great shakes of a hand)...but at least now I know what you are talking about!!!!

Sure...three dueces beat 2 Aces...it's not how you play poker...tho...unless you are very good at bluffing.

pRoFiT

Can't buy it?, build it!
Reaction score
Hmm, not sure. I've used profit for so many years now. I think I was going for prophet and the forum already had that. So I did profit instead. Aka cybergod aka Godpidgen. Don't think I've had other nicks. Sometimes proflt with l instead of I. Or 1 . But at least 17 years I've had profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.