Experience with Grizzly drill press

Status
Not open for further replies.

r97

Measure twice cut once
Reaction score
Hello,

About a year ago I got a Ryobi 12" drill press, but the thing has been inconstantly failing me when i need it. Needles to say i took advantage of the warranty and had it sent back to Ryobi for "repairs" (AKA throw this away and send me a new one...). But considering the reviews, and my own experience, I do not have high hopes for it.

I was cruising around on CL today and came across a Grizzly G7943 drill press for $325 OBO with several accessories, almost brand new, and its being sold because they are moving. Although expensive, I need a good drill press, and this comes with some accessories that i want (comes with a cross slide vise so i can make keyways!). I'm hoping i can get him to come down on the price a bit, $275 is the most i can pay.

Depending on how well they "fix" my other drill press (which is also limited in what it can do for metal work anyway). I'm thinking i may try to sell that one to a wood worker (if its good enough of course) and use that money to buy the grizzly.

so anyone have experience with these tools? Thanks!

http://www.grizzly.com/products/12-Speed-Heavy-Duty-Bench-Top-Drill-Press/G7943

oscaryu1

Reaction score
Ryobi?! My HF mini drill press has been going on 4+ years now, drilling only metal O_O

I'd personally save up a bit more and get a mini mill.

Status
Not open for further replies.