Exhaust system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrgunn5150

Rudderless
Reaction score
What u mean

Filter and jets without the header.

I currently have this, just because I didn't put the header on yet, my time is limited, but my jetted carb blows a fair amount of fuel back out of it when I rev it a little with the stock muffler still on it.

Daniel Sheffield

Reaction score
Filter and jets without the header.

I currently have this, just because I didn't put the header on yet, my time is limited, but my jetted carb blows a fair amount of fuel back out of it when I rev it a little with the stock muffler still on it.

Ya but I want the header without carb mods. Just want the looks and sound. Not racing or anything. Low on money and want something my wife can ride.
Also I don't want to start a new thread for this question but I currently have a 12 tooth cc going to a 64 tooth sprocket. What is the lowest y'all would recommend for the sprocket. Want less lowend more speed. Was thinking about a 1:4 ratio. Problems?

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
I think you mean 4:1and the problem is you will burn up the clutch.

Also what size tires are you running. that figures into the actual ratio big time.
Some guys can get away with 5:1 on like 10 or 12 inch tires.

Daniel Sheffield

Reaction score
11in rear. Tops out at 27 mph at 3600rpm. Want about 35 mph if possible to do with gearing.

---------- Post added at 04:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 AM ----------

Current ratio is 5.3:1

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
Ya but I want the header without carb mods. Just want the looks and sound. Not racing or anything. Low on money and want something my wife can ride.
Also I don't want to start a new thread for this question but I currently have a 12 tooth cc going to a 64 tooth sprocket. What is the lowest y'all would recommend for the sprocket. Want less lowend more speed. Was thinking about a 1:4 ratio. Problems?

11in rear. Tops out at 27 mph at 3600rpm. Want about 35 mph if possible to do with gearing.

---------- Post added at 04:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 AM ----------

Current ratio is 5.3:1

Can't have it both ways.

OzFab

Reaction score
Re: Hop up kit. You can change just the exhaust, it will make a minimal difference but, it definitely won't hurt...

As for the gearing, I get 30mph with an ungoverned engine, 10" tyres & 5:1 gearing & I wouldn't change anything...

Only removing the governor will give you around 31mph; switching to 5:1 gearing (60t axle sprocket) will get you up around 33mph; combined with a stage 1 kit (exhaust, intake & jet), you should have enough torque gain to pull it off...

Last edited:

Daniel Sheffield

Reaction score
Re: Hop up kit. You can run change just the exhaust, it will make a minimal difference but, it definitely won't hurt...

As for the gearing, I get 30mph with an ungoverned engine, 10" tyres & 5:1 gearing & I wouldn't change anything...

Only removing the governor will give you around 31mph; switching to 5:1 gearing (60t axle sprocket) will get you up around 33mph; combined with a stage 1 kit (exhaust, intake & jet), you should have enough torque gain to pull it off...

Currently getting 27 mph on flat ground. 5.3:1 on 11 in tires. Plenty of torque to drift, or slide anyway, on dry ground. :cheers2:

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Reaction score
Can always drill some speed holes in the stock air box.... And enlarge the main jet yourself. Drill bit size 65 = 0.035. I know people have mixed feelings about using a drill bit to ream the jets

---------- Post added at 04:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 AM ----------

Diy mods
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KsVIbNJ5vLQ

Status
Not open for further replies.