Exhaust pipe source?

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
Most cars have flex pipes for this.
karl, I've searched in the past for some kind of flex pipe that had enough easy give to it, could take the heat of exhaust, and be small enough for a reasonable amount of scavenging on a 212cc Predator, like 1" I.D., no luck. Do you know of any flex like that besides that bigger stuff for cars?

jmaack

Reaction score
We spray since arc coatings at work. Nasty stuff and will make you sick as heck. Like said good ventilation and a respirator and ZERO issues.

Bigblockguy

Reaction score
I myself have had minor galvanized poisoning before and it is not fun, they say milk helps, it doesnt, i had a temp of 104 for 2 days and muscle cramps for a few days, the muscles where pretty stiff for about a week or 2 after, i stay away from galvanized metals now, unless very needed, and in that situation i grind the coating off and wear a respirator... never again will i make that mistake....
Yeah, i weld for a living. I dont do galvanized often, but from what i gather once you breathe it in, it coesnt come out.

Bigblockguy

Reaction score
Well flash, twelve bucks for UPS to deliver it to my door saves me.....and this guy that was having
a hard time finding a length of the proper 1.25" tubing from spending the day and a tank of gas driving
around the city looking for a source. If you've got a Metal Mart close by, then.... you be one lucky guy.
Most of us aren't fortunate enough to have those sources close to home.
And, electroplated conduct....sure that will work after you grind off the plating, as will black iron gas pipe
or any number of pieces of scrap powder coated junk one might find driving around on garbage day.
Me....I like to make life easy, determine what I need to get on with my project, order the right material,
that is, the correct and clean tube and get on with other things till my material is delivered the next day.
In the long run, it saves me tons of time and yields professional looking results.
More often than not, your gonna spend more for lunch at Mac Donald's or that twelve pack of beer
than you would spend for a few feet of tubing at McMaster. But....each to his own.
Denny G
Sandwich, IL
Closest city to me is St. Augustine. And its 35 miles to the border.

Bigblockguy

Reaction score
Aright guys. Thanks for all the responses that i got zero notifications about. It looks like a fellow on ebay has a pipe thatll work. The stock exhaust goes up and out the back. Which puts it directly in line w my roll cage. This one goes straight back, which will clear the torque converter cover, prob give me at least 2 inches of cage clearance (if i ever compress the rear shocks that far ill probably be in traction for a month) and as a bonus i can use the end to make it into a muffler.

ezcome-ezgo

G'me sumthin to write on
Reaction score
Aright guys. Thanks for all the responses that i got zero notifications about. It looks like a fellow on ebay has a pipe thatll work. The stock exhaust goes up and out the back. Which puts it directly in line w my roll cage. This one goes straight back, which will clear the torque converter cover, prob give me at least 2 inches of cage clearance (if i ever compress the rear shocks that far ill probably be in traction for a month) and as a bonus i can use the end to make it into a muffler.

Plus this seller is in Dunnellon FL, just west of Ocala. You are keeping it local, Boys.

Bigblockguy

Reaction score
??????????? What border, and what state are you in? (Geographic, not mental.)
St. Augustine is probably about the same 35 miles from me. My St. Auggie is the oldest city in Florida, just South of my Jacksonville.
Im in palm coast. Right between st aug and daytona

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
Im in palm coast. Right between st aug and daytona
Another flatlander! Hope the mega builders there stacked up some hilly ground for you from development spoil. Possibilities are endless from that. They made the steepest and meanest mountain in Jax that way, which eventually became a golf course on Sunbeam Rd. Now it's free range behind the fence.