Engine to hydraulic

Status
Not open for further replies.

ApocGoD

Deus Ex Machina
Reaction score
Im going to use one 13.7Hp diesel engine to power 2 hydraulic pumps, these pumps need to run at 3600rpm max each, is it ok to turn both pumps with one engine that runs at 3600rpm total?

THE HUNTER

"Ghetto Rigging Expert"
Reaction score
if the pumps are supposed to run at 3600rpm, and the engine runs at 3600rpm, i suppose that would be ideal. unless im missing something here?

THE HUNTER

"Ghetto Rigging Expert"
Reaction score
would the way you hook the pumps up to the engine make them both run at the same speed as the engine? if so, then i suppose it would be fine.

unless the pumps load the engine too much to allow it to run at full speed.
but that could happen even with a single pump, if it were too big for the engine to power.

why do you need two separate pumps anyway? i dont know much about designing hydraulic systems or anything, but wouldnt one larger pump work just as well?

ApocGoD

Deus Ex Machina
Reaction score
Yeah, but they're more expensive. The pumps im planning on using are optimal for the required load. It'll take 1 pump to power 2 of the 4 motors, so I would need 2 pumps.

THE HUNTER

"Ghetto Rigging Expert"
Reaction score
okay then. again, i dont know much about the subject, so yah, do w/e would be best. lol

im sure a few guys on here know something about hydraulics, so you will prob get better help than i gave you. lol

ApocGoD

Deus Ex Machina
Reaction score
i hope you realize how expensive this will be.

Ive done my expenses and it comes up to roughly $1860 including the Perkins diesel 13.7Hp. That price doesnt include tires, rims, and the frame pieces. hehe. I can post a parts list if you like. It may help me out if you do spot an error or two.

THE HUNTER

"Ghetto Rigging Expert"
Reaction score
why do you need a diesel engine? wouldnt a gasoline engine of equivalent power be a lot cheaper?
of course, having a diesel kart would be pretty cool, lol.

ApocGoD

Deus Ex Machina
Reaction score
Actually, I was looking at the 13Hp gas engine they had beside it and it was 400$ more. Plus diesel runs longer, and are easier to maintain. Not to mention the gas engine at 13hp had 9ft pds of torque, and this has 21.9 ft pds of torque. :)

ApocGoD

Deus Ex Machina
Reaction score
Ugh, I contacted Surplus Center, and they'er out of stock and have no more coming in. Im trying to get a suggestion for a different but equal engine from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.