engine problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocko

Reaction score
the weirdest thing just happened today i just was outside and started my go kart .it started up fine and didnt make any noises but when i hit the peddle it would go and the engine would stop but it would go again and so on. im really not sure so far i changed the oil ran it drie and started it again i cant figure it out the only possibilitty is it could be something stuck in my carb please help:confused:

rocko

Reaction score
brand

its a tecsmen engine 7 hp so does that mean i will have to play with the carb to get it to work :confused:

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
Yeah, it does sound's like you get to play with the carb. I used to get a problem like that with my little R/C car engine when the high speed needle was open too much. It would run and idle but die when the throttle was opened for too long cuz it would get too much fuel. I haven't messed with the carb on my other engines but it could be a similar problem.

ed1380

Banned
Reaction score
if it has only one needle then you're gonna have to find a middle point of performance at high and low rpm.

i have it set to high rpm so that it won't let my little bro slam teh gas :D

2or3wheels

Reaction score
Doesnt your carb have a needle at the bottom of bowl. Thats the "high speed, thats the one you should adjust. Dirst spin it 1/2 turn out. If it get better but not best turn lil more, if it got worse then turn back to orignal and turn 1/2 turn in and so on untill its where you want it to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.