Engine Dying!!! HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sdannenberg3

Semi-Effective Member
Reaction score
Hey, I posted a few days ago, and I had trouble with my engine idling.. Well I got it running now, but then i put it on my go kart..... :mad: I got it all mounted and when I go around a corner and punch it or even going in a stright line and letting off the gas and then punching it again. Or sometimes even just letting off the gas it will kill itself.Ill be driving and then BAM! Dead. I dont get it. I thought the fact that it was a live axle on pavement had to do with it, but it even does it in a straight line.

Does any one have any ideas? Or possibly had the problem before?

Thanks in advance.

jr dragster T

Reaction score
Thats the low oil shutdown on the chondas. In the front of the motor theres like a stud going in with a nut tightend against the block and you will see a wire coming out of it its so easy to disable its like they made it like that. You just have to figure out which wire connection to disconnect. Or because you had to re-tune it yourself you could have a lean condition does it bog during acceleration? or idle is iratic (surge)

hayden

Reaction score
was the choke up or down cus i had trubel with my minny moto and did it have much power it runs for about 5mins and cuts out or dus the copretter need cleeng

Sdannenberg3

Semi-Effective Member
Reaction score
I think it might be the low oil cutoff. The engine runs just fine even during hard acceleration, the oil must be getting thrown to one side and the low oil cutoff is turning the engine off. I will go disable it and see how it runs.

And the choke is not on. Its off. It runs just fine, and will start right back up after and run fine and everything. Also dont think it could be the mixture cause it runs just fine. And I've tried re-tuning it like 5 more times cause I thought it was that.

Sdannenberg3

Semi-Effective Member
Reaction score
Ok, i give up. how to i bypass the low oil cutoff? lol. Can I just cut that wire that is sticking out of the engine block that you were talking about? I dont exactly know how it works.

Thanks

Russ2251

AZUSA:Powered by LAWN-BOY
Reaction score
Locate on/off switch. Wires lead to cylindrical black plastic case. Open case and separate (don't cut) 2 yellow wires one of which leads to crankcase. Close up plastic case minus crankcase lead. Crankcase wire can be left to hang free.

ironman

I'm Back!
Reaction score
man russ ,
that was really great with the pics. To show how it looks. its guys like you with the knowledge that really helps out these young kids on here and us other guys that still have problems.

Russ2251

AZUSA:Powered by LAWN-BOY
Reaction score
its guys like you with the knowledge that really helps out these young kids on here and us other guys
Thanx for that. Owe much to my father. Started with a simple question to him...how do engines work?
Been doing it for about 40 some-odd years and still learning.

Sdannenberg3

Semi-Effective Member
Reaction score
Thanx for that. Owe much to my father. Started with a simple question to him...how do engines work?

Hahahaha, thats exactly how it started for me. I asked my dad. But he just told me how they worked and i got hooked on anything with an engine. I bet now my dad wishes he would have never taught me lol. (he is a very practical man, toooo practical)

But the real point is yes, thank you Russ. As soon as you told me to remove the sensor, I went down stairs, almost cut the wire, then went wait, let me go look all over the internet on how to do it. Couldn't find ANYTHING. till you posted pictures. So thank you very much!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.