I have read through many of the old posts and saw folks with similar problems but they did not post their solutions.
My engine seems to run well, it is a honda 5.5 hp, but when my son goes onto a bumpy surface, or even up or down a hill it dies. Another problem is that it hits what I assume is max speed then just stops accelerating, then will accellerate again, then stop etc. Right now my biggest concern is the dieing... I have monkeyed with the air mixture screw as well as the idle screw, seemingly without results.
oh yeah... it does not seem to leak gas onto the ground, but always smells of gas... perhaps this is related.
Thanks for any help
My engine seems to run well, it is a honda 5.5 hp, but when my son goes onto a bumpy surface, or even up or down a hill it dies. Another problem is that it hits what I assume is max speed then just stops accelerating, then will accellerate again, then stop etc. Right now my biggest concern is the dieing... I have monkeyed with the air mixture screw as well as the idle screw, seemingly without results.
oh yeah... it does not seem to leak gas onto the ground, but always smells of gas... perhaps this is related.
Thanks for any help