Electric projects

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Though we're mostly focused on gas engines, electric can be a heck of a lot of fun, too. From what I understand, most people use golf cart motors.

A buddy told me that I might have access to a bunch of "dead" golf carts, so I may be making something electric in the near future. Electric bar stool racer? Electric scooter? I dunno!

matt5

Reaction score
project idea

It is nice all the new sections you put into the forum. The surplus section is really great. Here's the news on my electric project. A just bought a 26" beach cruiser single speed that is made for a moped conversion kit {gas.} I think I could hook up one or two 24V motors for an electric assisted bicycle. Also I plan on customizing it with some accesories. A bicycle is really the best way to start off on an electric project im my opinion. That is because when you run out of juice, which inevitably will happen, you don't want to be stranded. But wait, you are on your bike, which, although it is extremely heavy, can indeed be pedaled back to where you came from. I will have to see how capable I am later in January, because I almost ripped half of my finger off when...um... opening a steel cat food can. It wouldn't budge, and then I gave it a yank. The good old 4th finger was right there, and the edge went in on a perfect diagonal. Ouch! You guys enjoy yourselves out there despite the fact that pictures won't be coming from me for a while! But I promise there WILL BE PICTURES comin along.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.