Electric GoKart Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
Cool! My next project, hopefully after I get around to finishing up my LB powered kart, is to make an electric barstool.

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
Yes, really.... :arf:

Now that it has stopped raining here, for now, I plan on going out to the garage and seeing about trying to get that whole mounting deal figured out. I was looking at it the other day and got some ideas.

Don't go calling me no treehugger now, not that you really can, but the whole reason I want to make the electric powered barstool is because;

1) It would be a good project for me as I'm really into electronics.

2) I get to put that sweet motor I got from jarcynvicnchris93 to good use (see http://www.diygokarts.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2887)

3) Maybe since it wouldn't make a lot of noise, my gf would be inclined to actually ride it. She was scared of the kart, and even more so with that LB engine. I would like to get her involved with my projects.

I like that setup that qmavam used.

I have a couple questions though, is that high current contactor you're using to cut off power to the motor in case of a malfunction a N.C. or N.O. type? What value of a fuse are you using?

Qmavam

Reaction score
Yes, really.... :arf:

I have a couple questions though, is that high current contactor you're using to cut off power to the motor in case of a malfunction a N.C. or N.O. type? What value of a fuse are you using?

Standard solenoid, N.O. contacts. 36 volt coil.
I'm using a 250 amp fuse.
Mike

Hippie Mike

Reaction score
wwhat a ride you built-whats cost off that motor and controler and have though of trojans deep cells from your local batter shop they might have some reclame that can pay less for i got 2 for 80 bucks with a 1 year on them your go kart is looking good

Qmavam

Reaction score
what a ride you built. whats cost of that motor and controller and have you thought of trojans deep cells from your local battery shop, they might have some reclaimed that you can pay less for, I got 2 for 80 bucks with a 1 year on them, your go kart is looking good

I got the motor free, it was junk to a friend and a thing of beauty to me. I found the controller on Craigslist for $110.
I'll check the battery shop, but I need four batteries. I don't expect to find four reclamed all at once.
Thanks, Mike

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
What is the motor from that would make your friend think it was "Junk"?

Qmavam

Reaction score
What is the motor from that would make your friend think it was "Junk"?

He has a hydraulic/welding machine shop and this was removed from a piece of equipment, and just sat around for years.
There really are not a lot of common uses for a 28V dc motor.
Mike

ironman

I'm Back!
Reaction score
if you had two motors with eight batteries do you thing the amount of speed and power would make up for the amount of weight?how long are the car batteries lasting you? what cranking amp you going with on the deep cycle 1000-1200? just a few question cool kart .fast and quiet thats different

Qmavam

Reaction score
if you had two motors with eight batteries do you think the amount of speed and power would make up for the amount of weight? How long are the car batteries lasting you? What cranking amp you going with on the deep cycle 1000-1200? just a few question cool kart .fast and quiet that's different

You don't need two motors, one similar to this would be fine.
http://cgi.ebay.com/12-36-V-DC-Moto...t_W0QQitemZ110356093671QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_
DefaultDomain_0?hash=item110356093671_trksid=p3286.c0.m
14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3
A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50
I'm looking at the Group 27 12v batteries, I think their about 54 lbs each and 115 ah.
You can spend the big bucks and use LiFePo batteries, their
lite but have lots of power.
We might get 20 minutes out of the junk batteries.
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.