E-Scooter

Status
Not open for further replies.

my_mini_bike

Reaction score
I've got my self yet another project..
today we were helping my aunty & cousins move, and they have heaps of stuff.. they always spend up big and they were throwing away heaps of stuff, including and E-Scooter

I'll have that!

I stripped it all down this afternoon.. the wiring was pretty much gone.. things had been cut and re-soldered so i just ripped it all out. Luckily it was non-important stuff that i dont need ie. blinkers, stop lights, horn etc and kept all the important stuff like throttle control, mains power, main on off switch etc.
The batteries had bit of charge and just managed to spin the motor so at leats i know they're not gone. I'll do a full charge tomorrow and i will make sure to get some pictures up!

All i need to have on it other than the battery + engine is a On/Off switch and a throttle control [which i kept].
After striping it all down, i kept the Key start and the throttle control, which is all i need. the switch is pretty straight foward to wire up [just two red and black wires] however the throttle control has 3 wires coming out of it.. which confused my greatly lol
Mr. Kibble, your a bit of an electronics man.. is it possible to put the them together?

AND if all else fails.. i have a 2 Stroke Eager Beaver engine to put in there. stuff the environment! lol
:smartass:

crazycart

RedNek Engineering
Reaction score
I had one of these except gas i got from a friend free.There are a few weak spots on them,just letting you know.Where the Frame is at an L i the front it is very weak and WILL break if you beat on it, i broke it then i rewelded it and also put on some angle iron supports.The other thing is in the middle of the handle bar shaft where you can fold it.I once went up my driveway hit the curb and the handle bars broke off forward sending me flying off.I just took some heavy duty pipe and replaced the whole rod.Otherwise i had a lot of fun on that thing i still have the frame from it.

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
throttle control, which is all i need. the switch is pretty straight foward to wire up [just two red and black wires] however the throttle control has 3 wires coming out of it.. which confused my greatly lol
Mr. Kibble, your a bit of an electronics man.. is it possible to put the them together?

On most of these electric scooters and toys, the throttle is a hall sensor and a magnet. The hall sensor reacts depending on the magnetism. The three wires coming out of the sensor are "+ - S". The + and - obviously positive and negative. The S is the output that goes to the motor control. I wouldn't be able to tell you what colors are what though without looking at the circuit board and where they're connecting to. If you can, take some detailed pictures of the board and wiring and I'll try to help you.

my_mini_bike

Reaction score
thanks heaps every one..

yeahh.. kibble im not to sure about the future of an electric scooter. the circuit borad is pretty much gone... the thing is over 6 years old. i have a plug connection from battery to engine, i would be happy with just an on off switch inbetween as my throttle! but thansk anyway buddy

Status
Not open for further replies.