DuroMax GX200 Clone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mindymogul

Mistress of Destruction
Messages
420
Reaction score
22
Location
Land of Camo and Fireball

CLH

New member
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Location
Brea, CA
I can remember when they first started selling these back in about 2005. I don't have any personal experience, but I guess they're as any other clone in the fact that they are pretty close to being a honda without the cost. I don't see any advantage of going with a duromax ordered offline over a predator from your local harbor freight that can be purchased locally, a knockoff is a knockoff in my book.
 

Texan

Senor Member
Messages
461
Reaction score
12
Location
Deep In The Heart of Texas
I can remember when they first started selling these back in about 2005. I don't have any personal experience, but I guess they're as any other clone in the fact that they are pretty close to being a honda without the cost. I don't see any advantage of going with a duromax ordered offline over a predator from your local harbor freight that can be purchased locally, a knockoff is a knockoff in my book.

I see one big advantage...the Duromax is a keystart.
 

leesiel

Yardcart 196
Messages
223
Reaction score
1
Location
Savannah G.A.
Been running my duromax 7 hp for three years now and my only mechanical
problem with it was the stock carburetor , it needed constant cleaning.
A non mechanical issue I had was the ARC billet rod would not connect to the piston because the wristpin was a hair larger in diameter than the connecting rod. ( and yes I put the connecting rod in the oven and the wrist pin in the freezer to try and make them fit )
Other than that is a strong engine that has given me hours of enjoyment.
 

mindymogul

Mistress of Destruction
Messages
420
Reaction score
22
Location
Land of Camo and Fireball
Now does it actually have a charge coil or is it just a 12v starter like some of the other knockoffs? I've had a couple that had a starter but no stator of any sort. Never thought why that was even a concept.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top