Dual engine cradle

5814SpeedCo

Reaction score
So I decided to go with two 212's on my build since that's what I have on hand and can't justify the cost of a 420 or 670. All materials I have on hand or had made at work. The motor mounts are base off the Azusa swing mount but made to my specifications. The sprocket that is on there now will be coming off and most likely run a 9/60 combo at first and taylor it from there. Both motors will be setup as a stage 1 for now.

Still have a few things left to do to it to brace it more and overall there will be 6 bearings on supporting the axle. Anyways....enjoy! :wai:

Forgot to add, the entire thing was modeled in Solidworks first and really cut down on the waste of materials due to second guessing measurements and not having enough/to much here or there.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 7

mckutzy

Reaction score
I would have put the Engine plate cradle on both of the cross members to support the engines better, as that now become unsprung weight. moreso now.
Under the movement and torque of the engine, there is potential for the axle to gain an oscillation from where the motors positions are and induct fatigue into it, aswell as into the outer bearing mounts as this now will flex inwards, up and down.

5814SpeedCo

Reaction score
I would have put the Engine plate cradle on both of the cross members to support the engines better, as that now become unsprung weight. moreso now.
Under the movement and torque of the engine, there is potential for the axle to gain an oscillation from where the motors positions are and induct fatigue into it, aswell as into the outer bearing mounts as this now will flex inwards, up and down.

Yeah I know, I've got a few more things to do to it

5814SpeedCo

Reaction score
Did a little revision on the dual engine cradle. Hmm...beefy motor mounts! Except the top plate on the right engine mount needs to be turned 180°, got ahead of myself as on the last one lol. Set up for a 212 or 420! I also need to move the outside bearing mounts back a little to line up with the bearings that will be on the motor mounts. I'll have 6 bearings total across the engine. Should have the engine cradle finished up by the weekend. Then it's getting down to the little things!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 3