• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Drug Smuggler Kart

Status
Not open for further replies.

newrider3

Reaction score

Undated handout photo courtesy of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security shows an off-road go-kart. U.S. border cops in far-west Arizona have seized the go-kart and trailer packed with marijuana, in the latest bizarre attempt by Mexican smugglers to beat beefed up border security. The Border Patrol's Yuma sector said agents and officers from the Cocopah Tribal Police Department spotted the single-seater go-kart hauling a trailer through the desert near Yuma, Arizona on Tuesday night and gave chase. The driver abandoned the homemade vehicle, which was spray painted a desert beige, fitted with knobbly off-road tires, and towing a trailer packed with 217 pounds of marijuana, about 100 yards from the border, and fled back to Mexico. REUTERS/U.S. Customs and Border Protection/Handout

tundrabeagle3

Reaction score
That looks like a pretty sick gokart. I wonder what kind of motor it has. It must be pretty strong if tows 217 lbs plus the rider and the gokart at least another 250lbs.

bighead

Reaction score
To long you would hi center five times every few miles.

Looks like it was made from stolen ATC's from the USA.

Why not just use old ATC's? The drug lords can afford $600 ATC's trikes all day in perfect running condition. If I was running drugs I would not do it on that. No way.... The only reason the guy got out and ran to back to Mexico is for he could not turn around unless he had a 30 feet wide trail. Faster to get out and run.

There stupid if you ask me. The only thing they did right was make it low profile to hide in the shrubs.

US needs to make weed legal to smoke and grow. We would not have these problems then. They need to tax the pot smokers for they are the only people in the world that WANT to be taxed. I have not smoke pot in 20 years but I can see it's a waste of time,jail space,court cost,policing and so on. You can reverse that and have tax funds coming in like ciggs and booz. Gateway drug my ***. Booz in the gateway drug and you can steal it at 7-11. If you could go buy it at one of the pot places you see on TV in Cali you would not see drugs coming across the border like this. The US would rather let the Cartells make the money.

Until then follow the rules and do not smoked pot. It not worth the hassle.

Attachments

• 380957_248390258567449_127583850648091_613562_1894043197_n.jpg
    380957_248390258567449_127583850648091_613562_1894043197_n.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 107

TeamCheap

Reaction score
C'mon its mexican......it cant be anything but a lowrider.:D

I wonder how quiet it is with that big muffler on it.

Probably should have attached some brush to it to help hide it a bit.:D

Only 100 yards to go..................so close.

I wonder what he said when he got back and told the others he bailed.....I got to wonder if they shot him.

It was probably just a decoy and a little farther away they got a ton of dope through while the border police were dealing with this thing.

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
Off- Off topic- Pipehack, I love your avatar. Belushi, as Wild Bill Kelso, from "1941". Your signature, Aykroyd as Elwood Blues, "The Blues Brothers". You got great taste, my man!

"We got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's a hundred and six miles to Chicago, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses". "Hit it!"

Here's another fave-

"Over? Did you say, "over"? Nothing is over until WE decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! And it ain't over now!"
"The Germans?"
"Forget it- he's rolling."

raposak

2012 Build-Off Winner
Reaction score
Ahhhhh Animal House. Another classic.

Off- Off topic- Pipehack, I love your avatar. Belushi, as Wild Bill Kelso, from "1941". Your signature, Aykroyd as Elwood Blues, "The Blues Brothers". You got great taste, my man!

"We got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's a hundred and six miles to Chicago, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses". "Hit it!"

Here's another fave-

"Over? Did you say, "over"? Nothing is over until WE decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! And it ain't over now!"
"The Germans?"
"Forget it- he's rolling."

pipehack

Reaction score
I have really bizzare taste in movies. Ever see " Amazon women on the moon"? I've lived in the Chicago area all my life and can't imagine anything else. Always the suburbs but, worked in the city for over 20 years. So.... It's like blasphemy for NOT liking the "Blues Brothers".

Bluethunder3320

Reaction score
tisk tisk, thats a LOT wasted, what does the government do to it? haha... they probably have a underground stash somewhere. i did the math thats about 1.5 million dollars
i wonder why he ditched it 100 yards from the border. he probably could be going faster on that than walking.

Badot

Reaction score
Last I heard they load it all up in crates and bury it. Could get a whole new generation into metal detectors as a hobby :roflol:

bighead

Reaction score
tisk tisk, thats a LOT wasted, what does the government do to it? haha... they probably have a underground stash somewhere. i did the math thats about 1.5 million dollars
i wonder why he ditched it 100 yards from the border. he probably could be going faster on that than walking.

Look how long it is? It would take a 8 lane highway to turn around. Faster to get out and run then try to turn that thing around on a trail or brush!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.