????????????? dose someone know how many amps in to 24voltes trojan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hippie Mike

Reaction score
I need to know how many amps are in a trojan battery I found out that the controller that i can use will kick off whin the battery are to low The coast of the controller is less than 80 bucks that the whole works SoIneed to know how to check the draw of amps on my battery im goiing to have to put meter to read tne amps this my wiring diagram i need to where to put amp meter can one of you fine people tell me thank you The Hippie t

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 20

Hippie Mike

Reaction score
Thank you for the grammar lesson Is that where the wires run in to the motor. If look at my wiring diagram have dulals motor.
mark red brown showing the runing wire to kill swich an the foot peddel. thank you hippie

ed1380

Banned
Reaction score
set the multimeter to amps. then connect the wire of the multimeter to the battery, and the other multimeter wire to the wire that normaly should be connected to the other battery post

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    8.6 KB · Views: 3

Hippie Mike

Reaction score
hot side of bettery i hook the meter

hot side of bettery i hook the meter thank you

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 13

Hippie Mike

Reaction score
this how i got set up

This how got my trike wires set to run my trike. Its runing reamultimeter l good so if i hook a multimeter betweethe hot side to the motor i will know how many amps the motor is useing

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    154.3 KB · Views: 11

Kenny_McCormic

Kartless....
Reaction score
You will blow the meter up with that much current, most meters cant handle over 10 amps. Past 10 amps needs a clamp on(just clamps to the line and "sees" the current moving). A DC clamp (not all clampers work with DC) meter will run at least $40. http://www.bestofferbuy.com/Unit-UT...ource=gbase&utm_medium=cse&utm_campaign=gbase

When you test you should stall the motors, the reading you get at stall (only stall long enough to read)is max draw.

Hippie Mike

Reaction score
What if was i was to get meter that can read more than ten amp meter that mybe rado shack sale when my battery are low i need to know i can go three aere four day on full charge the controler that thinke has cut of when the batterys are low thats between 4 or 5 miles a day

DAElectric

Reaction score
The controller will cut off when the voltage drops below a set voltage not a set amps.

If you want to keep an eye on the amps while you are driving it I suggest that you install an AMP meter.

Search ebay for DC Shunt AMP meter. Found tons of them when I did a test search just now.

Basicaly the shunt goes where you have the meter listed post #11 of this thread.

I also suggest that you mount a voltage gauge as that will tell you how clse you are getting to the cut off point. The amp gauge just tells you how fast you are getting there.

Status
Not open for further replies.