Doodle bug problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

02mx-5

Reaction score
Ok so i got my doodle bug today. Looks great and i am very happy to have a new project. Like everyone says, the stock engine is underpowered...but fun. However, my engine is not running right. It runs when the choke it on but it will die if you ride it full speed and then stop. Also, it will die when you turn the choke off. Or if you give it to much gas to fast. I am going to put a 5hp briggs in it sometime this week. What can i do to make this engine run right? I cant seem to find any adjustment screw on the carb. Thanks for the help in advance. ALSO, does anyone ahve any pictures or links showing the crank breather tube setups on 5hp briggs? I want to see how the billet breather setups work. Is that where you would add a catch can? How? I know theres alot in this post. I didnt want to clutter up the forums. Please help with all my questions so i can get back to having fun!

02mx-5

Reaction score
I ordered it and it was delivered freight. Even if its shot, whatever ill bite the bullet. Im putting a different engine on but would like for this one to work as well.

bigfootrules31

Reaction score
for some reason all my engines do that, try adjust the idle up. and stuff around with the mixture screws and rev the **** out of it, thats what works for me heaheha

02mx-5

Reaction score
I cant find any adjustment screws on the stock engine. There is one but it just adjusts the idle, higher or lower. I just need to put my 5hp briggs on it. Does anyone know if the 5hp briggs have the same bolt pattern as a clone?

02mx-5

Reaction score
I planned on, and still do, to put a different engine on it. You are right, i should have gotten a working unit but I do not want to go through the hassle. It was delivered to me by freight truck. I know they arent going to pay return shipping. Im going to put a 6.5 in it shortly. For thetime being i will use a 5hp. Can you tell me if the 6.5hp greyhound engine work with all the clone parts? There are many different "clones". i want to make sure i can put a billet rod and all in the greyhound before i order it.

1992suburban

I wanna go FAST!!
Reaction score
sounds like the engine MAY have a vacuum leak and or not getting enough gas.

have engine running spray carb cleaner all around the carb (exterior) check @ all gasket sealing points.
NR RACING sells built clones.. check them out. I found they are the cheapest advertised for what you get..

newrider3

Reaction score
As for the cutting out when stopping from WOT, check if there is a low oil sensor. If so, cut the wires (be careful!).

Compnerd88

Mr. Build-Sum-Sh!t
Reaction score
You should just get a clone from Harbor Freight and see how you like it. It might be fast enough for you and you could leave it stock.

I would do that before I buy a built motor and have to payfor shipping

-Logan

02mx-5

Reaction score
I am buying a clone. but im not buying a built clone. I am getting a stock clone and putting in some basics myselfs. Rod, springs. maybe a few things here and there. For now im juts tryin to get this engine running.

Status
Not open for further replies.