doodle bug carb help

Status
Not open for further replies.

02mx-5

Reaction score
I have asked this in another thread about the bike but maybe ill get more of a response in the engines section. My doodle bug wont run unless its fully choked. When i give it gas it sputters. After WOT it cuts out. I want to know how to adjust the carb on the doodlebug or where to get a carb that will fit the motor. I am putting a 76.5 in the bike but still need to make this one run.

02mx-5

Reaction score
Its not dirty. It did this righ out of the box. There is only 5 minutes on the engine. Its as if its not getting enough gas. I have work tonight but ill pull the carb apart in the morning. Maybe theres something in the fuel line. Maybe somethngs wrong with the float. I was hoping that doodlbug owners have had this problem as well and could tell me what they did to fix it. Im not returning it because of the carb. The engine is not staying in this bike, but i still want it to work for later projects

hd4ou

Reaction score
will also do it "right out of the box" if you had bad gas that you put in it. Water, dirt, trash. might have even been something in the tank or line from the factory. as previously stated, clean the carb.

02mx-5

Reaction score
Im going to break it all down today. The gas isnt bad as its brand new and its been put in my lawnmower which is working fine. Ill check the line and the carb. I have a carb from a pocket bike that will fit. Ill probably use that if the oiginal carb doesn work

02mx-5

Reaction score
Ok so i found an adjusmten screw and **** was it tiny. I played with that alittle with mixed results. The screw need som loctite or something on it because it keeps spinning due to vibration. No matter what i did the motor didnt want to work right. It worked way better and then died and wouldnt run good again. Time for a clone. Can anyone tell me the dimensions for the bolt patterns on clones?

juniordragsterkenny

Straightline kind of guy
Reaction score
I have one. If you look on the right side the carb, you can see a black plastic piece. take that off with some pliers, and a screw will be underneath. That is your air bleed screw. Try turning that in all the way, that might help.

02mx-5

Reaction score
Yes i foudn that screw today when i took the carb off. i couldnt see it because the fuel line was in the way. It didnt have a cover on it. I had to put loctite on it because it spun due to vibrations. It wouldnt keep the correct adjustment. I messed with it today and it runs great. I took the speed limiter screw off and took it down the road. It has some crazy top speed. No acceleration though. I cant wait to see how fast it is with the 6.5

02mx-5

Reaction score
I brought my GPS with me and topped it out on the road. It said I reached 31.1 MPH. Thats pretty good for a stock DB30 engine and stock gearing. The acceleration is a joke however. I believe it has an 11 tooth clutch and 70 tooth sprocket. Thats what i counted on the clutch at least. When I put the clone on it i wont have to worry about the acceleration problem. Right? I mean it will have enough power to accelerate even with the gearing as is?

Status
Not open for further replies.