• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

dont go to pepboys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluethunder3320

Reaction score
went off roading saturday, and sunday morning i had a flat. the leaking was coming from the bead, there was a lot of dirt. my tire was probably under inflated.

there was also a nail in the tread, but it didnt go through, and wasnt leaking.

well my parents made me go to pepboys(only place open) to have them look at it. i NEEDED it fixed that day or else i would be out of luck. (missing school and work) a mechanic "inspected it" and said the puncture was "too large in diameter to plug" and my only option was to spend $160 on a new tire that had a very different tread...

after they changed the tire, i looked at the old one with the nail removed, and it only was pressed into the tread! it was not a puncture.

to top it off, they did a terrible job balancing the tire, and i get a death wobble at 50mph.

never going there again... go to your local mechanic if you ever need something done :mad:

devino246

Official DIYGK Chem Nerd
Reaction score
Dealerships FTW!:D

FWIW, if it was too big to plug, they could have patched it. We won't do plugs at work, only patches.

Blazkowiez

Kart Aficionado
Reaction score
Always ask for a quality patch, inner.

Call corporate and demand a refund, they will help you. Its a chain of business that relies on customer service. THEY WILL HELP YOU.

Status
Not open for further replies.