Dong Fang DF200GKG wiring help

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdgeTX

Reaction score
First, let me say I have read through the warnings about Chinese go-karts and their issue. I'll admit not until today but now it's too little too late. I picked up this Dong Fang DF200GKG for $100. This kart looked cool so I thought it would be fun for my kids. The engine looks to be good at first sight. It has compersion, spark plug looks good and oil looked good. The guy I got it from said it was running until the wiring got messed up. He proceeded to butcher the wiring so I'm struggling to identify what is what. I know it's missing the CDI, Starter solenoid, and a cm6321 relay. I can't seem to find a wiring diagram online for it and have only been able to go through the replacement parts link on the DF website to try and figure out what all is missing. I'm hoping someone here may have one of these karts and could snap some photos of the electrical box and layout or may have a diagram of what is what. Really any help is appreciated. I'm new to go-karts and just trying to learn as I go. I'd like to not spend a bunch of money on it but I don't want to throw money away trying to fix this if it's hopeless. Let me know what you guys think and thanks for your help.

karl

Reaction score
To find a universal diagram, you need to know what motor is in your kart, that is alot more helpful in your mission.

Then a quick search leads to something like this.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GY6-150cc-ATV-Go-Kart-Wire-Harness-Assembly-CDI-Switch-Electric-Part/192657078787?hash=item2cdb41ba03:g:kz0AAOSwdZdbmvWH:rk:3:pf:0

Your karts says its 168cc and looks like a gy6 , but Idk Look at what you have.

I would find a universal diagram , and wire my own basic barebone harness to get it running solid. Anyway good luck.

EdgeTX

Reaction score
Karl. Thanks for the reply. That's kind of where I started. I know its a GY6 variant with a 61mm head instead of a 54.something head, or thereabout. That's where they get the odd displacement. I've looked at some of the wiring diagrams for the 150cc GY6 but I'm not sure where to start on the wiring for it. It looks like some of the connectors have been cut off so I'm struggling to figure out what went where. I'm pretty much ignorant to how this motor electrical works. I don't understand how the stater outs out AC power and the rectifier (crazy enough I know it cuts the wave to send strait current) and regulator convert it back to dc for spark. I've not been able to wrap my head around this whole CDI thing. Maybe it's a forest for the trees kinda thing. LOL Sorry for being so thick. I will look more into a basic harness. So thank you for that.

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.df-motor.com/DOWNLOAD.asp

unfortunately has a parts list (and they do sell a wiring harness.. just saying ;))
but no wiring diagram listed on that page.

but there's a contact email... maybe you can ask for one?!

good news is
in the owner's menu (yes they shorten manual to menu *giggle*)
http://www.df-motor.com/MLC/Owner's Menu .pdf
there's a brief explanation of the most important wirings..
with that you should get the kart up and running.

'sid

PS according to the website it's a 169cc engine... strange naming conventions :(

EdgeTX

Reaction score
As soon as I get home from work I'll take a few and post some pics of the Dong. LOL

EdgeTX

Reaction score
Here are the photos of the kart. It doesn't look as good as the ones in the link. LOL but if I'm able to get the electronics sorted out I'll sandblast it down and restore it back to its former glory.

Attachments

• cwYV3wPGQ2u3xzu3km6U+Q.jpg
    cwYV3wPGQ2u3xzu3km6U+Q.jpg
    440.3 KB · Views: 29
  • ziCEEirBRwqoJQwm5qMZsA.jpg
    ziCEEirBRwqoJQwm5qMZsA.jpg
    331.8 KB · Views: 27
  • FPTxuRlbSxuvGf+v6pwO9Q.jpg
    FPTxuRlbSxuvGf+v6pwO9Q.jpg
    413.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 0Q0hR6lGQtyjm9sUxXXWug.jpg
    0Q0hR6lGQtyjm9sUxXXWug.jpg
    376.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 1h20Z%J3TtCmo69HyiNP2Q.jpg
    1h20Z%J3TtCmo69HyiNP2Q.jpg
    397.2 KB · Views: 22

EdgeTX

Reaction score
a couple more.

Attachments

• OstLe1pWQqyVg53SlRRWsA.jpg
    OstLe1pWQqyVg53SlRRWsA.jpg
    335.6 KB · Views: 11
  • k38cC8UvRW+mxfIY9OFMmg.jpg
    k38cC8UvRW+mxfIY9OFMmg.jpg
    390.4 KB · Views: 13

Panhead5496

Reaction score
Man did you do well for 100 bucks. I am jealous. Those things look awesome! A little sprucing up and you'll be all set once you get it running.

Status
Not open for further replies.