Does anyone have a solution for a controller for a 48V motor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

professor91

Reaction score
Does anyone have a solution for a controller for a 48V motor? I have an Etek motor and will be powering it with 48 V. I was wondering if there were suggestions for whole controllers that I could buy or parts that I could put together to create a controller? Any help would be appreciated.

oscaryu1

Reaction score
Heh, 48V controllers are all over the market. I have a $50 eBay China 60V controller powering my 750W 36V motor, it works terrific. I can actually catch up to cars easily.

Lol, I test how much battery power remaining by seeing how much she spins out on cement :)D, really)

48V controller? What else do you want? Regenerative braking-usable controller? High amperage output controller (for huge wattage/amp motors?), controllers that can reverse?

professor91

Reaction score
Controller with atleast 50 Amps and one that can reverse would be what I'm aiming for to begin with.

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
I have a thread going in the electric project section about a controller I'm working on. Due to lack of funds, though, It's not advancing very much. :(

Basically all I'm doing is taking one of those cheap Chinese controllers and beefing up the power stage so it handles a higher amperage.

I'm doing it mostly for the learning experience. I'm sure you could find something already built that would do all that you want it to at a reasonable price.

Status
Not open for further replies.