Does anyone else use tekton tools???

Colemanman

Reaction score
Hi everyone im 19 years old been riding go karts and minibikes for almost ten years now and i just joined the forum. I was wondering if anyone else uses tekton tools? I think their a dam good budget brand. The price to quality ratio is so good. They are based out of michigan but have tools mostly made in Taiwan but also USA and china. I own their ratchets, extensions, screwdrivers, wrenches sockets, impact sockets, allen sockets, torx wrenches, allen wrenches, bit sets. Torque wrenches and more and ive been happy with all of their tools. The customer service is outstanding. If you break a tool, take a pucture of it, tell them what happened and they will send you a brand one to your door in about 3 to 5 days. I rounded off a allen key and instead of sending me one, they sent me a whole set. Their ratchets are ergonomic in the hand and feel good, plus they are 90t ratchets for smaller swing radius to engage the next tooth. Their sockets and wrenches chrome job are amazing surprisingly stout and heavy. They are much better than the modern stanley black and decker craftsman tools. They dont feel like tin metal either. The torque wrenches are accurate and cheap, but high quality at the same time. I own their 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2 inch drives torque wrenches and they all are accurate at the max and bottom of the range. If you set each of them to 17ft lbs they all click at the same time with out turning the bolt. If you havent heard of em check out, youll be suprised on the quality tools they make. If you use tekton tools, post down below about your experiences with them and your thoughts and opinions. Thanks for reading.

jmaack

Reaction score
saw some at home depot. for home use I would use them and husky kobalt etc. professional use eh not so much. I've had a few husky tools I have used for years and they haven't let me down. for a gokart or a minibike you can not go wrong with them.
hoping my wife picks me up some more this Christmas.

Colemanman

Reaction score
I under stand the pro aspect. I seen some pro mechanic youtubers say good things about em as well though. I use them on the minis and karts like you said but i use them as well working on cars with my dad as a little side gig. Them seem to hold up great. I slipped a 3 foot pipe over the 3/8 drive 18 inch breaker bar once and gave it all with my arms and legs to loosen a control arm and it bent like a bow but didint break. You cant go wrong with em. If you break you can always pretty much get a new one free. Thanks for replying man. Take it easy

jmaack

Reaction score
absolutely. home repair on cars a definite. I used Go-Karts minibikes as an example. for the diyer go for it.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
I use a Tekton 25ft/lb to 250ft/lb torque wrench at work for a lot of things, lug nuts, drain plugs, axle nuts, trailer hitch bolts (I get started at 150 then 250, then I grab our 300ft-lb torque wrench to get it the rest of the way). I've used it for almost a year. Probably due for calibration soon, but that's $75 and it'll be gone for a week or so. The only gripe I have with mine is the locking mechanism for setting the value. When I get the wrench set for the proper spec, there's a knob you twist to lock it in place, otherwise as you are applying torque, your hand will twist the handle and it'll move up or down on the values.

So I've had good luck with them and I myself trust them as a semi-pro auto tech. They are generally reasonably priced, especially compared to tool truck prices.