• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Doc, Spare a thought for this......

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMCdesign

Master Apprentice
Reaction score
hey guys!

after my maths test, Its time to chase my hobby for a while- WRITING!

I had started to write a sci-fi novella, but never reached the second draft......

Chapter 1 Part 1 coming up fron the next post

PS- Oh, and doc, since you are on bedrest, this should give you some mild entertainment!

DMCdesign

Master Apprentice
Reaction score
Chapter 1- Fame and Gun Game

my hands felt cold.

The blizzard had set in and Alaska was already under inches of snow. Whoever said about global warming............

anyways, I got into the car and turned the key, but the cold had frozen the engine solid.
" Dammit!" I sweared. Police duty was in and I did not want to get late another time, captain Quelch was already pissed off. It looked like it was already time call Marcus.......
"Marcus here....."
"umm...its Eden could come to pick me here?'"

He hung up.
I was already shaking with fear, (who wants to meet angry man with a gun? I always like to be on the shooting side...) But it looked like he was too cold to talk. In another 5 minutes, he was with me.

Without a word, I sat on his bike and we ripped off. My face turned white with the cold-minus-forty-five-degree-cold wind. he drove a bit recklessly but I could easily feel it today.

(part 2 coming up!)

exenos

Project Nut
Reaction score
I think Doc's already back up and running (well, maybe not running yet).

Just a question. Riding a bike in the middle of winter in Alaska?

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
Bed rest? Only at night. I've been back to work for, dunno- 6 weeks now? But thanks.

An interesting start to be sure. But yeah- -45° and the guy's on a motorcycle? Man...

DMCdesign

Master Apprentice
Reaction score
(part 2)

After the wind stopped, my face was whiter than the snow. Marcus almost freaked out when he saw my face.

"**** man! You got some cold!"
I looked at him sarcastically

He hushed up. He wore the helmet and he is antagonizing me?

We rushed inside the headquarters. As for me, I could not stand the cold. As soon as we entered, Luke, our informer, burst out

"Got your job cut out for you! The famous lieutenant, John Walker has done a police casualty and is on the run. He is possibly hidden inside a building, as the news suggests."

"the news are in too?"
"a chopper, nothing else"
" please prepare a Car for us, another biking session will freeze my butt off"

Luke coughed with laughter. But he recovered quickly and gave us the car. We sped off. The heater inside comforted me. I almost wanted to live in it. The place given to us was still far and the ice made the highways more treacherous.........

DMCdesign

Master Apprentice
Reaction score
(part 3)

After a long drive, we finally reached the place. The building was battered and there was a huge crowd at each side of the building. (good time to say- " we got you surrounded from all four sides!") The convicts would have a good score if they opened fire from all the windows.

Minutes later, my fear came true.... The cons opened fire and hit at least 50 people. the survivors were rushing around in all directions and making it easier for the cons to increase body count. I took cover behind an old mailbox and shot wherever I could see a convict.

I was worried as Marcus was nowhere to be seen. I anyways tried to control the chaos- the gut wrenching scenario of gun-shells, blood and gore. The smell of earth and burnt gunpowder sent blood racing in my nerves.

In what was my most foolish move, I ran from mailbox to mailbox and entered the 3- storey apartment. As soon as I entered, I wish I hadn't.

3 convicts were waiting for me and opened fire as soon they saw my silhouette.

DMCdesign

Master Apprentice
Reaction score
(part 3 continued)
two shots whizzed past my ear and one just missed my head. I shot blindly at the mounting darkness and to my luck, it must have hit someone. the firing ceased and went in to see that did not convince me.

the building was converted into an office on the inside. all the posters on the walls said Jones Rioters.

Status
Not open for further replies.