Do I need an exhaust header

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaun78

New member
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Location
Reno, Nevada
I've got a KT100, and would like to know if I need an exhaust header? I'm not racing my kart right now but plan on getting on a race track this summer.
 

Shaun78

New member
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Location
Reno, Nevada
Yes, but the engine fell off when my brother was riding it. So now I've got to get a new exhaust & was wondering if I needed an exhaust header.
 

firemanjim

Just kartin' around....
Messages
5,247
Reaction score
88
Location
Houston Texas
The engine fell off? You need more than a new exhaust.... :lolgoku:
Since you are not currently racing, just put the stock piece back on... Use the money you save to fix the engine.... Like from falling off.....
 

justinlogue5_0

Can't leave it Stock!
Messages
266
Reaction score
2
Location
Tn
Sounds like a classified ad........"Cart drives great, just lost power. No time to fix. Call 555-4312 :lolgoku:
 

Shaun78

New member
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Location
Reno, Nevada
From what my brother says happened, the starter nut loosened when we started the engine causing the clutch to come off, vibrating the motor mount bolts loose, causing the engine to fall off. I know I've got a lot of things to replace & I'm the kind of person that doesn't like to buy extra parts unless needed. I buy extra spark plugs and other stuff. But I'm not going to buy multiple clutches, exhaust pipes, ect.
 

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Messages
12,461
Reaction score
70
Location
White Settlement Texas
From what my brother says happened, the starter nut loosened when we started the engine causing the clutch to come off, vibrating the motor mount bolts loose, causing the engine to fall off. I know I've got a lot of things to replace & I'm the kind of person that doesn't like to buy extra parts unless needed. I buy extra spark plugs and other stuff. But I'm not going to buy multiple clutches, exhaust pipes, ect.

Crickey!!!! I'm not trying to pick on you....but....dang...son...sounds like you need a torque wrench......

And.....keep your stories straight....I won't go to bat for you again....and fill out your profile....and where are the pics????? rant over
 

Shaun78

New member
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Location
Reno, Nevada
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 21

anderkart

Moderator
Messages
6,430
Reaction score
386
Location
Surprise Arizona USA
Did you ever ask your track if they require kt100's to use a can type exhaust, or if they'd allow you to race with a (chamber-type) pipe at your track?

I posted your tracks contact info in your other (torque converter vs. clutch) thread, but you never replied back.
 

Shaun78

New member
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Location
Reno, Nevada
Not yet I'm really not too worried about it until I get my go kart going again. I've got a lot of work ahead, but when I get close to finishing I will find out. Thanks for the information though I really appreciate it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top