DNF - 2020 - Budget Offroader Build "The Offroadster"

Brianator

Gettin' er done!
Reaction score
It's been a beauty evening to have a couple wobbly pops and mock up the front and rear halves to get an idea of overall length, it's sitting at a 6ft wheelbase in the photos which is longer than I'd like... :idea2: I figure if I can get my feet tucked up close to the front A arms that will shave a few inches! I'll need to make "foot rests" anyways which will serve as a good base to make a "foot cage" that clears the front tires when at full lock and protect my little piggies! :2guns:

I realize now that to get it as short as possible I'll need to situate the seat as far back as I can but before I can do THAT I'll need to figure out the rear suspension and motor placement which means, I will NOT have a roller soon so I guess I spoke to soon! :censored:

But if it was easy everyone would do it and it wouldn't be unique so I'm not stressing over it! :cool:

Attachments

• 20200608_183856.jpg
    20200608_183856.jpg
    734.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 20200608_183929.jpg
    20200608_183929.jpg
    858.1 KB · Views: 11

gegcorp2012

Reaction score
Hi @brianator ,
Good progress towards how its coming together.

Are you going to have shocks/suspension in the rear ? I have seen a couple of builds that needed rework behind the seat to get everything right (typically after getting a new seat or changing suspension) .... not saying who else did that, but it happened to me a couple of times during last years B/O.

"Air building" rocks!

Air build with the parts and re-arrange now to save time later !

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Brianator

Gettin' er done!
Reaction score
Thank you and yours too! I've been following closely and think your build is going to be awesome! Very cool, very unique and ought to be fun! :cheers2:

Yes I'm "planning" on going with full suspension hence all the "swingarm piece" work, I've been leaning towards fabbing up a dual rear shock setup but I'll see how the single shock lines up first before I make any rash desicions! Lol.

"Air building" eh?! I like that, I'm going to go write that down! :roflol:

Brianator

Gettin' er done!
Reaction score
Well folks I'm sorry to report that I'm pulling out of the contest for this year, I'm just too busy between work and other things that need to get done to put time into the build at this point...

I think what I'm going to do is work on some of the more time consuming things that need to be sorted out over the winter while keeping the 50% rule in mind, once you all see just how complex some of my "plans" are and the hurdles I'll face I can only hope I'm not faulted for it because trust me when I say I'll still have ALOT of work to do for assembly and fine tuning!

On another note I've sold the mini chopper but acquired a complete, solid, rebuildable 200cc Yamaha 2 stroke/6 speed for the IT200 I picked up and I'm thinking that it will be the new "motorvation" for The Offroadster until the bike is complete (that will take a couple years I'm sure). It will have the power needed to move this thing, I can already tell by feeling the individual parts that it's going to be heavier than I was hoping so the 50cc/4speed wouldn't have handled it anyways! Lol.

Sorry to let you guys down but I'm planning on bringing it back next year nastier than ever!

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
Well folks I'm sorry to report that I'm pulling out of the contest for this year, I'm just too busy between work and other things that need to get done to put time into the build at this point...

I think what I'm going to do is work on some of the more time consuming things that need to be sorted out over the winter while keeping the 50% rule in mind, once you all see just how complex some of my "plans" are and the hurdles I'll face I can only hope I'm not faulted for it because trust me when I say I'll still have ALOT of work to do for assembly and fine tuning!

On another note I've sold the mini chopper but acquired a complete, solid, rebuildable 200cc Yamaha 2 stroke/6 speed for the IT200 I picked up and I'm thinking that it will be the new "motorvation" for The Offroadster until the bike is complete (that will take a couple years I'm sure). It will have the power needed to move this thing, I can already tell by feeling the individual parts that it's going to be heavier than I was hoping so the 50cc/4speed wouldn't have handled it anyways! Lol.

Sorry to let you guys down but I'm planning on bringing it back next year nastier than ever!

Sorry to hear about you pulling out, but next year is just around the corner :thumbsup: