DIYGK Member Map

Spawn

Reaction score
Can someone please add me: Cape Town, South Africa. Unfortunately I was victim of affirmative shoping so no pc for now, only my crapberry to interact with diygk.:roflol:

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
Can someone please add me: Cape Town, South Africa. Unfortunately I was victim of affirmative shoping so no pc for now, only my crapberry to interact with diygk.:roflol:

Lol. I will add it for you. I don't think anyone on this forum besides us would know what affirmative shopping means.....

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
I am guessing you were robbed. Yes no am i close

Yup, that's what it means. The government his implemented what they call affirmative action, or black empowerment programmes. This basically means that if you have a black guy and a white guy with the same qualifications applying for a job, the black guy will get it. This is really enforced in government jobs where the job advertisement will actually say that this is an affirmative action position.

I could sort of understand the mentality behind this just after south Africa came out apartheid, but now we are probably the only country in the world that has laws that give jobs to the MAJORITY of the population. Programmes like this should only have run for maybe 5 to 10 years, not 20

Hence the joke "Affirmative shopping" (Your stuff being 'given' away)

machinist@large

Reaction score
That makes me glad that I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty; I've never had to deal with that particular problem, because a lot of the people who have similar skill sets all seem to think that the world should be handed to them on a plate.

It's not that they get turned down for the job; it's that they look at the job description (Oh, that job means I might have to actually do something) and never even apply.....

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
Affirmative action. .....errrrr.....isn't that just a fancy way of saying reverse discrimination. .......?

Don't look for it to go away any time soon.....it hasn't in the US.....and pretty worthless IMHO- as the people's that needs it most need attitude adjustment and edumacation mo' than free rides.......

machinist@large

Reaction score
I was gonna add to the map....but I would have to kill a bunch of members in the DFW area just to squeeze in there....:lolgoku:

:toetap05: :toetap05: :toetap05:

Doug, how many time's do I have to remind you that killing people only provides momentary satisfaction, and gets you talked about in really bad ways... (Where's that face palm emoji for frustration when you need it?!?!?) :ack2: