Dirt-Kart?

Status
Not open for further replies.

biddie_gibbs

Reaction score
i have been thinkin. i would like tryin adirt bike engine on my gokart for crazy performance. BUT my question is how do i convert "cc" to horsepower. i ask because i have a torque converter rated up to 8hp. so what "cc" engine can i do? and dirt bike engines do have a keyed shaft RIGHT?? please help. and would the local junkyard do the trick or ebay? any corrections in my ideas would help. and suggestions. thanks:cool:

Jblankster

Reaction score
im doing the same thing. cc is not the horsepower but the cubic inches. so cc is NOT the horsepower. just how big it is.
but the 125cc im getting is 20-30 hp

they uasually have trannys built in so torque converters are not necessary.

heres the one im prolly using if i cant find a cheep racing 200cc water cooled one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...UILDER:SIMPLEITEM&viewitem=&item=330110488695

electric start, N-1-2-3-4-5

robin

Reaction score
my new toy

wow **** i posted that in the rong place sorry if i causes any confusion

Last edited:

biddie_gibbs

Reaction score
but with the engine you posted hoq would i be able to shift and would i have enough room to kickstart it? would it be simpler to just get an automatic dirtbike engine?

Jblankster

Reaction score
the one i posted has electric start, and to shift you just ger like a 1/4 inch pipe (like the ones for the steering) and attach it to the shifter. simple really. but its gonna have to be some fabed up stuff. cant really buy that crap for the shifter.

but im going to do this too, we can work on it together if you want (im not starting till spring though)

yellowbeard

Reaction score
shifter

got to finish mine
honda cb 500

yellowbeard

Reaction score
Kart or do I need to increase my insurance?

It's 5 ft. wide & 10 ft. long, dual shocks on the back, singles on the front, still have to hook up electric start, mount the seats, alittle work on the steering. more pics, when I get mt camera back to downloading. thanks Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.